8. Prophecy

Home - Phillip Phillips

I was sitting on the front steps of the Big House, Clarisse had just gone upstairs and I heard the door to the attic close. I'm glad I wasn't the one up there with the Oracle, I'd only been up in the attic a couple of times before, and the old mummy creeped me out.

"Krys!" I heard a voice call. I looked up to see Micheal Yew, the 13 year-old son of Apollo who I considered to be my brother, though it wasn't official. He stopped in front of me, crossing his arms, and waited. A couple seconds passed before he realized I wasn't going to speak. "Krys," he repeated. "I'm waiting for an explanation."

"An explanation for what, Mike?" I asked him. "I'm sure you've already heard what happened. You've made up your mind about me already, don't even try to tell me otherwise."

Micheal sighed deeply. "I haven't made up my mind on anything Krys. To tell you the truth, I'm still holding on to a sliver of hope that what they say isn't true, that you aren't a..."

"Traitor?" I ask, finishing his thought. He nods sadly. "Well, you're hoping in vain, Mike. I did join Luke. I did help him try to kill Percy..."

"Well then," he says, looking at me in disappointment. "That's all I needed to hear." He turns to leave.

"But I'm also here now," I continued. Micheal froze where he stood. "I'm going on this quest and risking my life to get the Golden Fleece because even after all this I still care about this camp. I still care what happens to you and Lee and Nyssa and even Christopher, no matter how infuriating he is sometimes. I paused, "I made a mistake, but I'm trying to fix it, and I can't go to my death not knowing whether or not my brother hates me." I grabbed his hand. "Please, Mike."

He sighed again. "C'mere Krys," he said, pulling me into a hug.

You shall sail the iron ship with warriors of bone.

I tensed up. Where the Hades was that voice coming from. "Krys?" Micheal questioned, pulling away and holding my shoulders at arm's length.

You shall find what you seek and make it your own.

"Do you hear that?' I asked Mike. He shook his head.

"Hear what?" he asked. "Krys, what's going on?"

But despair for your life, entombed within stone.

"A voice. How do you not hear it? It sounds like it's hissing." He looked at me in concern, gently guiding me to sit on the steps.

And fail without friends, to fly home alone.

I faintly heard the attic door slam, and Micheal asking me what was happening. I couldn't think, my head was spinning. Mike's voice faded into the background, and I saw the door open before I collapsed, feeling a pair of arms catch me before I hit the steps.

Then... nothing.

-----------

Hey guys, this chapter is kinda short so I wanted to add a little something at the end. Also I know in fanfics the main character Always passes out, but bear with me guys I promise I wont overdo it. There will be a max of 3 passing out instances in this book, including this one, so every chapter is not gonna end with Krys unconscious (thankfully).

First off, what are your theories about Krys' godly parent. Do you think she's truly a child of Apollo? If so, why hasn't Apollo claimed her. If not, who do you think her father is? (note that so far we've seen Krys have power over light, fire, and now possibly prophecy, so her parentage would have to explain her powers).

Are there any other side characters you'd like to see in this book? Any characters you want me to spare from their untimely deaths?

Also I wanna let you guys know that I'll be updating this book in chunks, one section at a time. I hope to have this book done in the next couple of weeks. I really appreciate it when you guys vote or comment, please don't be a silent reader, and let me know if you like this book.

Pls, I worked really hard on it :)