5. Traitor

SNAP - Rosa Linn

As I sat on the roof of the Princess Andromeda, I couldn't help but stare at the sunrise, and wonder if my friends had been told yet that I was a traitor. The word still stung, no matter how much I thought about it. I knew I was fighting for a good cause, but I was also leaving them behind. Right about now, most of the campers would be leaving Half-Blood Hill, going off into the mortal world, and some would be preparing to spend a long 9 months in a pretty much deserted camp.

When I go back- if I ever went back, I wonder if Nyssa or Lee or Micheal would still look at me the same. Would Nyssa still ruffle my hair and call me flashlight, would Lee still make fire puns every time we talked, would Cabin 7 still treat me like one of theirs, or Cabin 9?

I knew that the answer was no. No matter how much I wish it wasn't. What I had done was irreversible, and I knew now what Luke had meant all those months ago, when he had told me that dragging Percy into Tartarus wouldn't be the end. I know now that it'll never end, not truly. Things would never go back to the way they were, whether it's in camp, or in the world in general after he takes over, and I wasn't sure whether or not that was a good thing.

Maybe forever was a word meant for memories and not people.