Chapter 28 The wind and rain

Start from the beginning

Fang Zhiruo finished doing the calculations and accepted the banknotes in a daze. Before she could regain her senses, she heard Xie Miao ask again: "Young Master Baili, do you know where the office of the Ministry of Justice is?"

Baili Sheng didn't know why, so he said enthusiastically: "It's on Xiangyang Street in Nancheng."

"Oh, what about the General Secretary?"

"The General Administration Department is not far away, on Zhonghuai Street next to Xiangyang."

After Baili Sheng answered, he felt something was wrong. Looking at Xie Miao again, he felt that her smile did not reach her eyes and there was something in her words, "Oh? Then it must not be difficult for cousin Cui to meet Lord Baili."

After resurrecting her life, Xie Miao's biggest gain was knowing some secrets of others: for example, although Baili Sheng was a playboy, he was extremely afraid of his biological father.

Baili Sheng was not a fool after all. He looked at Fang Zhiruo with reluctance, then met Xie Miao's smiling eyes. Then he recalled his father's ruthlessness when he practiced the family law... Where in the world is there no fragrant grass, so why fall in love with a flower unrequitedly? No matter how beautiful Miss Fang is, she can't compare to his father's family treat!

Ang, he'll say goodbye, say goodbye!

*

This is the end of a farce.

Fang Zhiruo thanked Xie Miao again and again, but Xie Miao only said: "With or without me, you can solve the problem satisfactorily. I'm just helping you save some effort and giving you more time to do the things you like."

Fang Zhiruo didn't understand where Xie Miao's confidence in her came from, but being trusted by others made her feel full of courage.

Qiaogu arrived shortly afterwards, and Fang Zhiruo was happy to accept her as an apprentice. She took the group to visit the paper mill.

The new paper mill is much wider and brighter than the original one. Fang Zhiruo introduced papermaking to everyone, "《Tian Gong Kai Wu》 says: The essence of objects, the subtlety of the universe, has been passed down from ancient times to the present and spread to the outside world, so that it can be born in the future. Hold the inch talisman, hold half a scroll, and interpret the purpose of the final matter, which is popular and ice-free. Mr. Chu is the one who borrowed it during the writing, and the sage is grateful for it." ①

"Paper can carry things, and thousands of rolls and hundreds of families will be the foundation from now on." When talking about papermaking, Fang Zhiruo's expression was solemn, and her eyes were like the stars, "Climb the mountain and cut the bamboo, choose five or seven feet long, and float it in the pond. Soak it for a hundred days, process and wash with a gong hammer until the bamboo stalks are shaped like ramie. Use good lime juice to smear it and boil it under the imperial barrel..." ②

Qiaogu listened with great interest. Finally, she rolled up her sleeves and started to learn in style. Xie Miao watched from the sidelines. Although she did not participate, she found it very interesting to be exposed to new things.

In the afternoon, the sky suddenly darkened. Dark clouds appeared, and the wind and rain were about to hit.

Xie Miao left quickly and sent Qiaogu back to the village. When she turned around and rushed back to Cui Mansion, the heavy rain was already pouring down.

Big raindrops hit the roof of the carriage, making a "plop-plop" sound. The door curtain was blown away. Lan Xia and Fu Lu held one side tightly, but they still couldn't stop the strong wind from blowing in.