Chapter 28 The wind and rain

Zacznij od początku

Here comes another beauty!

He was immediately overjoyed, not remembering his displeasure just now. He took a few steps forward and pretended to bow, "This is..."

The girl said generously: "Xie Miao."

Baili Sheng had taken a good look at her at this time. Compared to Fang Zhiruo, Xie Miao had a more delicate appearance. Just as he was about to say something teasing, he saw two maids behind her step forward and throw two fierce glares at him. Fang Zhiruo also walked over quickly, blocking Xie Miao behind her like a guard.

Fang Zhiruo's eyes were cold and she repeated word for word, "Young Master Baili, please respect yourself."

All right.

Baili Sheng touched his nose, and while chattering, he suddenly realized, "Miss Xie, do you know me?"

Xie Miao pulled Fang Zhiruo's sleeve with her hand, "I'll say a few words to him."

Fang Zhiruo knew that she had an idea, so she thought about it and got out of the way.

Xie Miao's eyes stayed on Baili Sheng's round face. If Qiaogu hadn't leaked it in private, she wouldn't have known that Baili Sheng was entangled with Fang Zhiruo.

She is no stranger to Baili Sheng.

Baili Sheng and Qin Tianyu are both Zhou Niannan's loyal followers. They gathered together to eat, drink, play, and gamble. They were a well-known gang of dandies in the capital. Except for Zhou Niannan, who is not a womaniser, Baili Sheng and Qin Tianyu are both "permanent troops" in the entertainment venues. However, Qin Tianyu changed his ways after getting married, while Baili Sheng has been womanising for many years.

It is said that his legitimate wife has not yet given birth to a child, and there are already five or six children born to concubines in his family.

Such a person falls in love with Fang Zhiruo...

Xie Miao smiled slightly, "I've seen you before. You are Zhou Niannan's fox - you are Zhou Niannan's friend." She swallowed the words "fox friends and dog friends".

Does she know Niannan?

Baili Sheng looked at her again suspiciously, unable to remember, "When did we meet?"

Xie Miao spat out a few words, "July 18th, three years ago, at the gate of the East City."

Three years ago...in July...at the city gate...

Baili Sheng thought for a long time, then an impression suddenly came to his mind. He stared in shock, "It's you?!"

That day, they tricked Zhou Niannan into going to the city gate and asking for a dudou from a passing woman. However, not only did Zhou Niannan not get it, he was slapped by the little girl in the carriage. When they ran up to watch the excitement, they only briefly saw the girl. Later, they heard from Zhou Niannan that the girl was actually Cui Muli's cheap little cousin.

Regardless of blood relationship or not, with such an identity, Baili Sheng couldn't be frivolous. Thus, he said with a straight face: "Ahem, Miss Xie, what a coincidence."

Xie Miao said: "Unfortunately, I came here specifically to see Young Master Baili. I heard that you have been here recently. You must have had someone introduce you to me and knew that the paper produced by my family is of high quality and low price. You are a good friend of Zhou Niannan, and Zhou Niannan is cousin Cui's friend. Rounding off, you and I are also considered acquaintances. Let's do this, I'll give you a discount, 20% off the market price, what do you think?"

The onlookers, including Baili Sheng:...? Isn't he here to tease the little lady? How did it become business?

No matter what the original intention was, Baili Sheng was forced to put it on the shelves and ordered a total of 500 reams of rice paper, becoming the first order for the restarted Shuxiang Papermaking Workshop.