29. Revelations.

Comincia dall'inizio

"So Uber is the best next choice?"

"Exactly. Until I get my own car that is."

"So you're..ehm..quite wealthy then?"

"It's a long story, Kaylee. Let me have a drink first at least."

"I've been living with you for a month and I never knew anything about all this."

"Well, I never knew I'd be crazy for a brunette, but here we are." Danielle whispered to herself but loud enough to get her point across.

"What was that?" Kaylee raised an eyebrow.

"I was just saying, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you surely wanted to impress me with that outfit again tonight."

"Are you impressed..?" Kaylee implied somewhat flirtatiously.

"Impressed, yes. Even more so, curious."

"About what?"

"About what's underneath." Danielle smirked playfully.

"Oh, stop it already." Kaylee blushed, there was no room of denying she liked the way Danielle flirted with her the whole ride to the restaurant.

The car soon made a stop and the two girls walked to the front of the restaurant, they were soon shown to their seats.

"I hope you're not allergic to the Chinese cuisine, but if that's the case we can always go somewhere else."

"No, actually I'm a sucker for sushi. So it was a good choice." Kaylee reassured.

"We can have a platter to share? And some wine? How's that?"

"It sounds like a great combination."

"Glad we are on the same page." Danielle smiled and turned to the waiter giving out their order politely.

Soon, the two girls were consuming plenty of wine, which made the conversation much more easy going and interesting. They were laughing, and teasing each other, most of the time resulting in sexualised jokes but not taking things too far. Kaylee had convinced herself she wanted to know more about Danielle, more about her family, how she ended up with business even though she was such a great artist, what she believed about love, what was her favourite colour. She got to ask all those questions she didn't care enough to know the first few weeks they lived together in the same room.

"So you still need to shine light on your limo situation, and how you have your own personal driver."

Danielle's gestures stiffened and her demeanour became a bit more serious. Although she was highly giggly and playful before because of the wine, Kaylee's question seemed to have upset her.

"A few years ago, I was on a roadtrip with my parents. Everything seemed alright, and it was your typical day out. However, this massive truck came out of nowhere and crashed into our car.."

Danielle grabbed the glass of wine, drinking the whole thing. Kaylee watched her, she could spot her eyes becoming teary but she tried her best not to give in.

"My parents died on that day but I survived. We got a massive compensation hence all the fancy shit I own, but the rest of my family is still worried that I might carry some trauma on the road so they prefer I have a driver until this is well in the past. They don't know I'm having driving lessons, because I'm doing it in secret so I don't stress them out."

Kaylee took a long breath, this was a lot to carry and Danielle was doing it perfectly fine this whole time. She had no idea, the pain she was going through. Now it made sense why she was such a party animal and a drinker at times. Alcohol was her coping mechanism.

"And I wanted to study art, I really did. Because my father was my biggest inspiration. But when he died, I went into denial mode. I hated everything that had to do with art, that's why I didn't pursue it further."

"And how does business come in place?"

"My family owns a business, my aunt is currently handling it but I wanted to help her out because it's a massive work load so she doesn't have to do it all on her own."

"Wow..you.." Kaylee was searching for the right words, but the admiration and compassion she felt for the other girl couldn't be placed into words. She slowly started moving her hand over the table, finding Danielle's own, and holding onto it very gently. "You are so.. admirable."

"I've never been called that before."

Kaylee smiled beautifully, glad that Danielle was not pulling away from the contact although they were in a public place. She was staring at their hands fondly, instead.

"Have I ever told you I was wrong about you before?"

"No. But I'd like to know why."