Chapter 1: Not professional work

"Chief, we should start to take our job seriously. There's a killer out there killing innocents every day!"

But no reply, he just told me to get out of his office. I've never been disgusted by being an officer EVER in my life.

JURO HONOSAKI. That's my name, I used to work as an officer in Japan, but I then moved to South Korea. There were problems everywhere I went but once I moved to the UK, I never thought I would have to deal with a literal killer. The police here don't act on this case which of course scares me. I don't understand why anyone would leave someone out there killing, and it's not like we are working on it either. Once, I was allowed to enter the Chiefs office, I was really curious if he was working on the case but no I was wrong, through every cabinet I searched through there was literally nothing. Either he's scared or really lazy.

My friend CHANG JIN-HAI works with me once in a while, this is because he is a singer. It really does surprise me that he hasn't been here for almost 2 years, but I understand, besides I'm just an officer. Once I was on my break I decided to give him a call, surprisingly he answered! —"Nick! I'm so happy you called! I was literally about to call you too! Oh, I'm guessing you're on your break?" Jin-hai said, he sounded really happy so he must have something to tell me. "Yeah I'm on break, but you know... If you have something to say you should start first!"
I answered him, I didn't want to ruin his good mood. —"Thanks, Nick, so! I will be going on tour next week, I made it possible to get to the UK. You will be able to see me perform now!" In reality I was super happy for him. But I couldn't let him, there's a killer around here and I'm afraid he will target my Jin-hai...
"WOW! I can't believe that! I hope you're doing this for yourself you know? As in... That you really, REALLY wanted to come to the UK for you!" —"Oh come on, you're my friend! I want you to be included in my everyday activities. And it's the least I could do for you to see me since I haven't been working at the office lately~"

Those words made my heart flutter and beat faster, I could even feel my face getting red. "That's so sweet of you~ I appreciate it! I wish you luck, Jin-hai!" —"Thank you for your support, I'll be there in about a week or less. Take care Nick!" With that he hung up... It's been long, too long.

The next day.
I had just clocked in and went over to do my first duty, which I found strange ever since I got here but I guess it makes sense. "Rise and shine!" I called out as I entered the area where we keep the dogs. A lot of barking started, truly this was just like heaven! Until the news popped up. —"The same thing has happened yet again. The mysterious killer strikes once again! This time killing more than what it has done before. 10 innocent lives were taken away at night, a miraculous survivor explains what happened to them".

This is not what I want to hear when I just woke up.

—"If it wasn't for my dog, I would've been dead! It was a man! A cannibal! He tried to eat me!" Was what the mentally ill survivor said.

But is the dog alright?!

Thankfully he was!

Moving on, I turned that stupid TV off, the chief is allergic to the news and won't even bother to see them. 'I should at least keep a record if he won't' I thought to myself. And that is exactly what I did! I did that right after I finished feeding the dogs. 'A cannibal. The killer is a cannibal' was what wrote down on my notepad that I always bring with me. I don't really have any friends here so it's best if I don't tell anyone nor Jin-Hai. What can I possibly do to help everyone out?! Just me by myself means nothing, this is a huge matter and if I just do this all by myself i will most definitely be dead. I think I should actually tell the chief then.

"Chief, I have a report to give you." I said as I knocked on the door. No answer, wow he seriously doesn't want to know anything about this case, huh? I grabbed the door knob and it was unlocked. I could get in trouble if I just entered but when the chief leaves his office he always locks it. I'll just enter and leave the documents on his desk then, I'll definitely think twice if I just walk away with them.