Alone

San

In the stillness of the night, San stirred from his sleep, a sense of unease settling over him as he felt the slight tremors coursing through Wooyoung's body.

His brow furrowed with concern as he peered down at the younger man, his features twisted as he fistet San's hoodie.

Wooyoung's breathing was ragged, his chest rising and falling in erratic patterns, and a thin sheen of sweat glistened on his forehead. Despite the chill of the night air, he seemed to be burning up, his skin flushed with fever as he tossed and turned fitfully in his sleep.

San glanced at the clock on the bedside table, the numbers glowing faintly in the darkness.

4:02 am.

He hesitated for a moment, torn between the desire to wake Wooyoung and the fear of disturbing him further. But as he listened to the soft murmurs escaping from Wooyoung's lips, his heart clenched.

"Please don't touch me," Wooyoung whispered, his voice trembling with fear.

The words echoed in the silence of the room, sending a shiver down San's spine as he remembered Felix words from weeks ago.

'Woo has problems sleeping. He's really loud at night because of nightmares and stuff. He never lets people sleep in his bed.. He doesn't want to wake anyone up'

He remembered the night he had found Wooyoung, cornered and helpless, trying to get away from Jay.

He remembered the way Wooyoung had flinched away from his touch, the fear etched into every line of his face as his eyes locked with San's.

And now, as he watched the younger toss and turn in his sleep, the echoes of that fear still lingering in his subconscious, San felt a surge of protectiveness wash over him.

He wanted nothing more than to chase away the nightmares that haunted Wooyoung's dreams, to offer him the comfort and security he so desperately needed.

But if he was being honest with himself...

Was he even in the position to do so?

With a gentle touch, San brushed a stray lock of hair away from Wooyoung's forehead, his fingers lingering against the warmth of his skin. Leaning in close, he spoke in a soft, soothing voice, barely above a whisper, as if afraid to disturb the fragile peace of Wooyoung's slumber.

"Hey, Wooyoung," he murmured, his breath ghosting over Wooyoung's cheek. "It's me, San. You're safe, okay? I'm right here with you."

His words were gentle and reassuring, a quiet mantra meant to calm the storm raging within Wooyoung's troubled mind.

He was so unbelievably tired.

"I used to have nightmares too, you know? I'm not sure if this actually works, talking with you in your sleep I mean. My therapist told me it does" San continued, his voice soft and steady. "I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere. You can lean on me, okay? I'll make sure nobody touches you, Young-ah"

He reached out, his hand finding its way to Wooyoung's trembling shoulder, offering a silent anchor in the midst of the storm.

In the stillness of the night, surrounded by the gentle rhythm of Wooyoung's breathing, San whispered words of solace and strength, his voice a beacon of hope in the darkness.

The moment didn't last long.

The youngers eyes fluttered open, as he blinked away the remnants of his dream, he shifted slightly, feeling the warmth of San's body beside him.