Chapter 37: Confession

Tom POV

Six Months Later

October 10th, 2009

3:30 PM

Jade walks out into the kitchen with headphones in as Bill and I discuss tomorrow's race. She hums along to the song she's listening to as she opens the fridge. The tune she hums sounds oddly familiar, but I just can't place it. Bill looks over to her, then back to me with a confused look. He's definitely thinking the same thing. Jade closes the fridge and walks back up the stairs, singing. "And we go on, and we go on, and on, and on, and on. We don't belong, we don't belong, belong to anyone." Her voice trails off as she walks down the hallway.

Bill looks back to me, his eyes wide. "The Pain Of Love..." he grins. "I didn't know she liked our music. Should I tell her?" I respond with a smirk. Bill nods excitedly. "She might not believe you, since we don't perform live." He laughs. I stand up from the couch and head up the stairs.

I open the door and Jade is sitting at her desk, working on a new drawing. She turns to me and smiles as she removes an earbud. I walk behind her, setting my hands gently on her shoulders and lean down to her ear. "What are you listening to, my love?" I ask as she finishes her sketch. "My favorite band." She giggles happily. "And who might that be?" I ask. She sets her pencil down and opens her phone. The Humanoid album cover stares back at me. 

"They're called Tokio Hotel. I've been obsessed with their music since I was a kid. It's too bad they don't tour live; I would love to see them." She gushes. I chuckle to myself. "You know who that guy on the album cover is, don't you?" I ask with a smirk. She shakes her head in confusion. "That's Bill. That's our band." I say. She stares blankly at me. "Are you messing with me?" I smile and shake my head. "Come with me, I wanna show you something." I take her by the hand and lead her downstairs, to the basement. I open the door to our studio and turn the lights on. The walls are covered in guitars, albums and plaques. Her eyes widen as she looks around.

I pull a guitar off the wall and sit down. The amp hums to life. I smirk at Jade as I play the beginning riff of "Live Every Second.", one of our older songs. Her eyes light up as I set my guitar down. She holds her head in her hands and paces around the room. "How do I know you're not messing with me still?" she asks. Bill walks down the steps and into the room. "She doesn't believe you, does she?" He asks. I shake my head and roll my eyes at him. He smirks at her and grabs his mic. "Monsoon." he tells me. I nod and pull my acoustic off the wall. My fingers glide across the strings as I start to play.

Bill begins to sing the first verse. "I'm staring at a broken door, there's nothing left here anymore. The room is cold, it's making me insane." Jade's eyes widen as she watches us. The last few verses of the song are coming up. I stand up and begin to sing into the mic with Bill. "Running through the monsoon, beyond the world. To the end of time, where the rain won't hurt. Fighting the storm, into the blue. And when I lose myself, I think of you. Together we'll be running somewhere new, and nothing can hold me back from you. Through the monsoon." The song comes to an end and Bill smirks at Jade. "Believe us now?" He asks her. I can tell she's reeling. "So, you're telling me the band I've been obsessed with for years, has been you guys the whole time? She asks, piecing the puzzle together. Bill and I nod. She grins excitedly and takes a step towards me. "I've always been attracted to guitarists."