Chapter 27: Week 2

Jade POV

April 2nd, 2009

I've been living with Tom, Bill, Georg, Gustav and the girls for about two weeks now. I'm still trying to get used to things around here. With all the races and Business they do, it's hard to keep track of everything. Bill and I have become really close friends. He hangs out with me when Tom has to leave the house, and we usually like to gossip and watch romcoms. It's especially nice to hang out with him because Allison is both my best friend and his girlfriend.

I've gotten more comfortable with Tom too, he's been so sweet to me, especially when we're out together. At first, I was only pretending to like him. I was afraid he'd kill me if I did otherwise. But I've realized that he's actually a big softie, who I've grown rather fond of. We've only kissed a handful of times, but I know that he wants more than that. I can't say I haven't been tempted though. He knows my boundaries and fully respects them. He's kept to his word and hasn't let me out of his or Bill's sight since the night I tried to jump off the balcony. 

----

6:15 PM

Tom walks out of the bathroom from showering and walks over to me as I sit at my desk, doodling in my sketchbook. He leans over my shoulder, his damp braids falling over his. "What are you drawing, my love?" He asks softly. I love it when he calls me that, it gives me butterflies every time. "The anatomy of a skeleton." I reply as I focus on my sketch. Tom chuckles. "It looks really good baby, you're very talented." he says, kissing my cheek. "I'm going to get dressed and then we can head out." He says as he walks to the closet in his towel. 

He's taking me out on a proper date after I complained to Bill the other day. I finish my drawing just as he comes out of the closet, wearing a black button down and slacks, tying a matching bandana around his forehead. I blush slightly as I stare. "You clean up very nicely." I say, standing up from my desk already dressed and ready. I picked out a thigh length black dress with short sleeves paired with black strappy heels.

He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me softly. "Thank you, baby. You look gorgeous." He says with a smile. 

He ushers me down the stairs and to the car, holding my hand the whole way. We pull out of the driveway and onto the highway to the restaurant he's taking me to. "God, you look so beautiful." he says with a grin. I blush and fidget with the skirt of my dress. He slides his arm over the center console and places his hand gently on my lower thigh. My heart races a little and I can feel my face get warm. I see his smirk out of the corner of my eye.

----

6:56 PM

We pull into the crowded parking lot of a very high-end restaurant, and I grow a little concerned. "Do you think we'll be able to get in?" I ask quietly. Tom chuckles. "Don't worry love, I made a reservation." He assures me. He walks around to my side of the car and opens the door, helping me out. He takes my hand and places it in the crook of his elbow as he walks me into the restaurant. We walk up to the host's stand, the host takes one look at Tom, and pulls out two menus. "Right this way." he says quietly. 

The host leads us through a maze of crowded tables and into a private room. I look at our table and it is eloquently decorated with flower petals and candles. Tom smiles and pulls my chair out for me. "What's all this for?" I ask shyly as I sit down. He looks at me as he sits in the chair across from mine. "Tonight is a special night." He says with a loving smile.