Imagine 21: Twist Of Fate🧡

Start from the beginning

Emma begins to coo a little under his coat, and he shushes her softly. 

"No need to cry, little one. You'll be safe and sound where you're going..." 

★★★

*Y/N's POV*

Bored, you sit cross legged on one of the many couches in the longue, scrolling through a text message read that's conversation ended days ago, unamused and sighing softly. Nothing interesting happens at the hotel...

Well...that was until...

"Alastor?!" Charlie shouts suddenly as he jumps off the chair and runs to him, her eyes full of surprise and shock. "Whose baby is that?!"

Wait...baby...BABY?! DID SHE JUST SAY BABY AND ALASTOR IN THE SAME SENTENCE?! 

By now--including you--have gotten up to surround Alastor, voices overlapping one another as everyone asks question after question about where he got the baby, what's he doing with it, and if he stole it. 

"Lower your voices," Alastor says, almost protectively bringing the baby closer to his chest. "I found this child abandoned in the local dumpster."  

Upon hearing that, you clench your hands into fists down at your sides, planning the death of the one who abandoned a child as if it was useless garbage. You always had a bad taste/hatred towards those who in any shape or form disrespected or hurt children. Deep down...you loved children. 

Due to your human years as a woman, you actually had in fact two kids of your own, though an illness claimed the first--your youngest, being at the age of ten--, and the second had died from an accident while riding a bike--your oldest, being sixteen.

The grief of losing both your kids made you become addicted to pain medications, before overdosing one night and...finding yourself stuck in Hell because of it. All the while your children's souls...rest in the grace and tranquility of Heaven above. 

In all honesty, the only reason why you became a guest at Charlie's hotel was to try and see if you could get redeemed to find your children, though so far...it's been hard. Heaven...can be a mean bitch sometimes, turning a blind eye to those whose soul ARE worthy to enter the gates. 

"How...awful," Charlie's voice speaks up, causing you to be brought back down from your thoughts, as you watch as Charlie asks if she can hold the baby, which Alastor allows. 

"Aww," Charlie coos, the pupils in her eyes become star-shaped, as she raises one finger to gently caress the little chin of the baby. "She's so adorable!" 

"What's her name?" Angel asks, who also appears to be intrigued by the sudden appearance of a baby in the hotel. 

"The name on the blanket says Emma. Even if that isn't her name, I think it suits her quite well!" Alastor grins, before you ask Charlie if you could as well have a turn in holding the baby. It's been so long since you've held a child...you've missed the feelings greatly. 

Charlie passes the baby to you, and you hold the child close to your chest, smiling down at it softly as you whisper a sweet hello, and tell Emma your name. You're too focused on the baby to see the sudden 'cuteness overload' expression on Charlie, the soft smile on Vaggie, the little innocent smirk on Angel, or...Alastor's surprised expression.