Chapter 10: Village Hidden In Snow

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Third Sister; Darkness

Chapter 10

Village Hidden In Snow.

We've taken our time to rest and prepare for a trip. Unlike last time, we have a clear goal in mind and more than enough time. We are not chasing a single individual after all. The head of the Ninja Village wouldn't roam far from the village itself, so our time is practically infinite. Regardless, I don't feel like wasting more time being a target for ninjas, the sooner we deal with him, the better.

Konoyuki was our next destination. The area surrounding it is no less cold than our previous adventure, so we prepared extra layers of clothing. Though, it isn't just for the cold. We brought as much food and healing items as our budget allowed us. And in-between, we fought some more monsters. With the defeat of the Samurai, We have gone out and obtained Rank A in the guild.

I don't suspect us reaching the level to accomplish an S-rank up quest, yet, however. Those monsters are difficult for even four goddesses to fight. All of us should be level 99 for that feat.
Speaking off. Our levels right now are
Bios: 83
Silicon Knight: 56
Acclaim 62
Theresa: 47

"Bios~!! Are you sure we are going the right way~?!", a nagging voice of Sili-san bothers me.
"We have been moving in a very round-about manner, I have been wondering if there has been any meaning?", Acclaim asks.
Theresa seems just fine walking along, she doesn't appear to mind walking wherever we go.
I look back at them and say, "I told you, I know the method of reaching their village. You guys only THINK we haven't moved straight forward."

They both looked at me like I am spouting insanity.
"What?", a quick response from Sili-san.
"We have been walking in random directions to walk straight forward.", I talk to them vaguely because I think their reactions would be funny.
"WHAT THE FU- I mean...What does that even mean?!", Sili-san is about to blow a fuse.
"You guys should know, plenty of ninjas are masters of illusions. They have many traps placed to create an illusion. You'll end up thinking you've walked straight forward, but you will end up away from the village. It is both for protections against potential enemies, and to make sure someone doesn't end up there accidentally.", I explain to then.

I can't blame them for getting snappish at me, I have been leading them in random directions for about three hours now.
"Listen, us walking around only feels random because of the illusions, but physically we have been moving forward.", I tell them.
"How does that work, if I may ask.", Acclaim asks me.
"Yeah, that all sounds like nonsense to me.", Sili-san speaks at me rudely.
Theresa is peeking from behind them, watching me curiously.

"Well, like I said. Their method is to get people to walk away through illusion. My understanding of it is somewhat limited. But I have read the assignment papers for whenever a visit is going to be made by the Goddesses of Lowee. The only way to enter the village on ground is through illusions meant to do the opposite. It is very tricky, because of course, they don't want you to walk into an illusion trap and have you walk towards them." I explain to them.

"Wait, so they have illusions placed to guide you there? Isn't that counter-productive? It makes no sense to me?", Sili-san asks.
"There are like, multiple layers to these tricks. Basically, they want to make sure you only enter knowing this method. You can't just stumble upon the correct illusions, you have to walk in the exact directions necessary to reach every correct illusion, otherwise you will just pass through them without being affected. No, I don't know how that works, I have no knowledge on illusion techniques. So don't ask.", I tell them.

"But by taking this route, they are more likely to think we are allies?", Acclaim asks.
"Well, they will not attack us at first sight. Remember, they are beyond careful. You almost call them obsessed with secrecy. But it is true only allies and natives take this route. Other Ninja have to take a different route. Going over the sky is not going to help, they have an illusion placed to seem invisible, or so I have heard. A goddess might calculate where they are and enter anyway, but it is agreed upon that Goddesses take this path to ensure no one tracks them through the sky.", I tell them.