seventeenth

"Hyunsuk."

The boy turned around as his arm was grasped harshly. "Oh, Yoshi?"

"Where's my thermos?" Yoshi asked, but based on Hyunsuk's scrunched-up expression, he couldn't hear him. "My thermos!" Yoshi yelled.

"Ah!" Hyunsuk excused himself from the group he was talking to, dragging Yoshi with him. "I put it somewhere else so that no one will get it. It's-" Hyunsuk's finger lingered in the air, pointing at no thermos.

Yoshi's pupils shakily scanned the table, realizing why Hyunsuk wasn't continuing. "You didn't lose it, did you?"

Hyunsuk turned to Yoshi with a brief, nervous chuckle, rubbing his nape. "No," he elongated, scanning the room worriedly, "I, um, just..."

Yoshi grabbed onto his forehead, his pulse quickening. Nausea engulfed him at the thought of someone having taken it and opened it. He grabbed Hyunsuk by the shoulders, looking him in the eye. "Can you ask around if anyone saw it?? Or check everyone's bags-" Yoshi cut himself off as he noticed Hyunsuk looking a bit terrified, and only then did he realize how tightly he was gripping the boy.

"Are you looking for this?"

He paled as he recognized the voice, his hold on Hyunsuk loosening.

"I saw you earlier and figured you didn't find it," Jihoon approached the two, extending him the desired object. "Here."

Yoshi's eyes shot at Jihoon and then at the thermos. He couldn't figure out whether he had opened it or not but was afraid to ask. He grabbed it, hugging it to his chest. Without saying anything, he rushed off, and exited the party, to both boys' surprise.

"I wonder what's up with him..." Hyunsuk pondered, rubbing his arms where Yoshi had held him.

"Yeah," Jihoon laughed stiffly, "I wonder what." His eyes lingered on the door as they made their way back into the crowd, where the others were.

Junghwan and he made some intense eye contact as they spotted each other, not having figured out what to do with the information they had just discovered, in the middle of a party. His eyes flickered to Danbi who seemed to have relaxed and he forced himself to calm down a bit, taking a deep breath. Yoshi was a vampire, but as crazy as it was, he didn't want to agitate the spirits right then.

"Are you okay, Hoon?" Jeongwoo scooted by his side, sensing some tension in the air. "You and Junghwan are acting a bit weird."

Jihoon plastered a smile on. "Yeah, I'm fine."

The party was yet to reach its peak, and it was clear that there was going to be a lot more dancing until anyone went home.

Yedam excused himself as he felt his sides hurting from so much dancing. Stumbling over to the table with drinks and snacks, he thirstily searched for some water. He poured himself some and gulped it down. As his eyes surfed the waves of dancing people, hands propped on the table, they fell upon a certain individual entering the house. "It's him..."

Seeing how the male who entered immediately started searching the crowd, for whom Yedam guessed to be Danbi, the boy's face turned uneasy. He placed his glass down and returned to his friends, torn between pulling Danbi aside to tell her or not. He didn't know what the relationship between them was, though he had noticed she seemed uncomfortable around him at lunch and the restaurant.

"I've passed DJ-ing to someone else!" Ayeong announced, wiping her forehead as she appeared among the friends. "If I stay one more second so near that speaker I think my eardrums will explode!"

"Why are you yelling?" Jeongwoo asked with a dumbfounded laugh.

"I'm yelling?!" She looked confused, making everyone laugh.