fifteenth

Danbi stepped back instinctively. brushing her hair over her wound. By the way his eyes didn't flicker from her, she guessed he must've sensed something.

"Ahem." Mr. Park cleared his throat, giving the boy a narrowed look.

"D-do you have reservations?" Haruto shifted his gaze at the notebook in front of him, though he couldn't see the writing clearly.

"Yes, under Park Daewoo." Mr. Park spoke sternly, his judging eyes not leaving the boy.

"Right," Haruto swallowed, bringing himself to look up and smile. "Follow me."

The group followed him with great tension. Mrs. Park glanced back at her daughter, questioning the situation with a look.

"I will bring your menus in a bit." Haruto said. His eyes lingered on Danbi as he walked away.

"He must be working here part-time," Mrs. Park tried to enlighten the atmosphere. Seeing the crooked expressions on everyone persist, she sighed, placing her hands down. "Are you still awkward with him, sweetheart?"

Danbi snapped out of her thinking. "What? Ah, yeah..."

"They haven't spoken since then." Jihoon added, hoping to convince her parents.

"Good." Mr. Park muttered under his breath, managing to get some small smiles from the cousins and Mrs. Park - and a faint one from Danbi.

"If you want to leave, sweetheart-"

Danbi shook her head, gripping onto her sweater. "I'm fine, don't worry." But that statement proved itself to be wrong as an arm stretched from behind her, making her tense up. A menu was placed down in front of her, but Haruto took his time letting go of it. She felt the tip graze her hair momentarily, making all the hair stand up on her. The thought of him having sensed her wound made her stomach twist.

"I'll," Haruto paused, needing to clear his throat. "come back to get your order."

"We'll wait a little longer if that's okay. Some more people are coming."

Jihoon narrowed his eyes at Haruto as he saw him shamelessly staring at Danbi. Haruto pulled himself to nod and leave, clenching his jaw.

"You can go home, Ruto. Your old pal will handle the rest." Mr. Watanabe gave his son a glance and a smile, busy cooking.

Haruto wanted to nod, but couldn't get himself to move an inch. He didn't want to leave - not with her here.

"It's okay, Dad," His dilated pupils glistened in the cold light as he raised his stare. "I'll help you."

Mr. Watanabe stopped, fully turning to his son. "You're okay, right? Do you need a pack?

Haruto shook himself slightly, getting out of his trance. "No," He smiled. "I'm fine."

"That's amazing, I'm sure they're very happy you could continue your studies." The woman opposite the cousins spoke, having heard about their story.

"Yes, they are. But we do miss them." Jeongwoo spoke, a sad smile overtaking his and Jihoon's lips.

"Yedam also stayed away from us for a while. He stayed abroad with his grandparents. How long, for a year?"

The fourth teenager at the table raised his stare from his phone, disinterest present throughout his expression. "Yeah." He replied, his eyes quickly finding their way back to his screen.

Mr. Bang chuckled, shaking his head. "Don't mind him. He stayed up late to unpacking yesterday, he's tired."

Yedam realized the reason for his dad's comment, swiftly shoving his phone into his back pocket. "Sorry." He whispered, turning his attention to everyone.