fourteenth

Danbi was about to turn around when her arms were grasped, keeping her still. Though the night was cold, his hands felt like ice being applied to her skin, making her shake harder.

"Did you," she swallowed, squeezing her eyes, "bring me here to bite me?"

A chuckle reverberated against her ear. His hands slid off her, to her surprise, and she immediately distanced from him. She gasped as she turned to him, his face painted in a glowing paleness which, even through the pitch dark, she was able to see. He was weak - too weak for her to leave untouched.

"You're still clueless, aren't you?"

She had to strain herself to hear what he was saying. "About what?" Her voice was even quieter than his, however.

"About your blood. If you knew, you wouldn't be surprised that I brought you here,"

Danbi stayed silent. Was he referring to the candy?

"Your blood heals us." He licked his lips, a dumbfounded smile taking over them as he saw her eyes turn wide.

"W-what?"

"I also don't know much about that, I thought you might know more. But," his teeth glistened in the dark, "I guess not."

Danbi took a step back as she sensed him losing control over himself. She stumbled back, falling to the ground. In a matter of seconds, Asahi was crouched in front of her.

"What-" Her mouth turned dry. "what do you want from me?"

Asahi only smiled, the answer becoming clear upon the reveal of his teeth. "Answers. To the same questions you have."

Both knew how he was planning on getting those answers. "M-my blood." She breathed.

Before she could do anything to defend herself, Asahi's face was deepened in the crook of her neck, making her heart beat erratically. That didn't help his loosened grip on himself; her blood was running hot through her veins, something he could feel even through her skin.

He parted his lips, digging the tip of his teeth into the soft tissue of her skin.

Danbi winced at the sharp pain, immediately reacting by pushing her fists into him. "Get off!" She cried.

Asahi, however, was long dominated by the vampire in him. A compelling sweet taste conquered the expected saltier one. It was strenuous not to lose himself in the moment and dig his fangs even deeper. He had wanted enough to get answers, but biting her filled him with even more confusion if anything. He could feel his body temperature rising so high it wasn't even endurable anymore, managing to saturate him even of something so exquisite.

An unexpected bark made Asahi retract in an instant. Danbi collapsed to the ground, her hands gripping her neck, getting painted in the liquid flowing out of the fresh bite. She moaned in pain, her eyes shut.

Asahi wiped his lips with the back of his hand, his eyes growing wide at the sight of the dark swipe on his hand. "T-there's no way..." He voiced shakily. Though he couldn't see himself, he was sure he was back to normal, with what could be considered an imperceptible amount compared to what he usually had to drink to keep himself closer to a human.

Seeing the form of the girl shift around through the dark, his stomach twisted with nausea. He had never bitten someone - how could his instincts put him to his knees in such a way? "I'm..." His words got stuck in his throat.

But before he could check up on her state in any way, a strong force pushed him to the ground.

Danbi heard some commotion going around, managing to peel her shut eyes open. Though her vision was blurred from how tight she had squeezed her eyes, she could see the faint outline of a darkened figure, appearing to be fighting with Asahi.