third

Danbi's eyes searched the cafeteria for any sign of Haruto. After yesterday, she wanted to discuss things with him before jumping to conclusions.

"Woah! Hyunsuk??"

Danbi snapped out of her thoughts at Jeongwoo's exclamation. Turning to where her friend stood, she noticed his unexpected purple hair.

"You dyed your hair?" Danbi asked, a hand over her mouth.

"It's temporary, for the party." He ran a hand through his colored hair, a smirk on his face.

"So that's why you didn't join us this morning." Jeongwoo figured.

"Correct," Hyunsuk plopped himself down. He drummed the table with his fingers, looking at the two. "Who's ready for the party?"

Jeongwoo raised his hand, smiling excitedly. Danbi followed, but more hesitantly.

"Awh, come on, Bi," Hyunsuk whined, "You had fun last year."

Danbi snorted, remembering how last year she and Junkyu helped Doyoung clean the place up. "Totally."

Jihoon ran to their table, waving happily. "You guys didn't get food yet?"

The three shook their heads. "We were waiting for everyone." Jeongwoo replied, patting the space beside him.

"What were Junkyu and Doyoung doing? Still not coming?"

Jihoon shrugged his shoulders at Hyunsuk's question. "I don't think so. But they seemed busy with something about the party."

"I'll go talk to them." Danbi got up, "You guys go get something to eat. I'll eat with them."

She headed to their class. On one hand, to see them since Junkyu had not responded to her text, on the other hand, to see if Haruto was there.

She spotted her two friends but there was no sight of Haruto. She furrowed her eyebrows, linking it to how he ran away the previous day, looking weak.

"Bi?" Doyoung called for her, a faint grin on his face.

"Hey. Aren't you coming to eat?" She plopped in the empty seat in front of their bench, eyes going to Junkyu. He smiled shortly and averted his eyes.

"Junkyu had a costume problem so we were searching where to get another one from. We'll eat when we get to his house. By the way, you're coming to help us decorate, right?"

Danbi smiled, nodding. "Of course. When?"

"At around 2 PM," Junkyu responded this time, puckering his lips, "Since the party starts at 6..., I think there's enough time."

She took notice of how dejected he was, but she didn't know what to link it to. "Alright. I'll see you then." She smiled at the two, receiving a hearty smile from Doyoung and a small one from the other boy.

She stole another glance at Junkyu before exiting the class, tilting her head. "Maybe it's about his costume."

"Hello, Mrs. Park," Hyunsuk greeted, "I'm here to pick Danbi up."

"My, Hyunsuk. What are you supposed to be?" Mrs. Park marveled, prolonging a stare at his purple hair.

"The Joker. It's true that his hair is green, but I gave it a twist," He pulled a cool pose, making Mrs. Park chuckle.

"Are the cousins still not ready?" He asked, throwing himself on the couch.

"No, they're getting dressed. Want something to eat? Drink?"

"No, Mrs. Park. I'm fine, thank you." He smiled, rocking his legs up and down. He was a bit shy.