twelvth

What Jeongwoo thought was a phone ringing in his dream turned out to be his real phone buzzing crazily, after midnight. He groaned and stretched his hand to where he knew his phone was, grabbing it.

"Hello...?"

"Finally! I saw it! I saw the vampire!"

Jeongwoo distanced the phone from him, scrunching his face. Through the blinding brightness, he saw Junghwan's name.

Processing what his friend had told him, he shot up straight, bringing the phone to his ear again. "What?!"

"They were so fast! I knew it. Back then it hadn't been an animal. Ah, I'm also pretty sure it was a guy. Can you-"

Jeongwoo distanced the phone from his ear, hurriedly grabbing onto a pillow, throwing it across the room, and landing on a sleeping Jihoon. The boy groaned.

"Jihoon, wake up!" Jeongwoo yelled, managing to get Jihoon to get up. His eyes were shut, his face puffy.

"What?"

"Jeongwoo? Are you there?"

Hearing Junghwan's voice, Jeongwoo brought the phone close again. "O-oh, I'm here."

"I can't believe I didn't record it. I saw it right after Hyunsuk and Doyoung left, and I had ended my live. But this is it! The proof I needed!"

Jeongwoo took a deep breath. Jihoon dragged himself to his bed, a confused look on his face. "What?" He mouthed. Jeongwoo raised his hand, motioning him to wait.

"Let's talk tomorrow, Junghwan. I'm- making noise."

"Oh, sorry. I was too excited."

Jeongwoo told him good night and ended the phone call, turning to Jihoon.

"He saw a vampire." He told Jihoon.

Jihoon's brows twitched. "For real? Who?"

"He didn't say any name, so I suppose he didn't see who it was," Jeongwoo groaned, rubbing his face in despair, "What now? Do we tell him? He won't let it go until he gets a video of it."

Jihoon dropped his shoulders, puffing. "I guess we could. If we do so, we can tell him to keep it a secret."

"Right. By the way, where's Junkyu?" Now that they were wide awake, they realized the boy who had slept over was missing. Jihoon raised a brow and smiled, gesturing Jeongwoo to follow him, grabbing his phone on the way.

The two tiptoed out of the room, and over to Danbi's. Creaking the door, the sleeping faces of the two came into view, dimly lit by flashes coming from the functioning TV. Danbi had an arm hugging Junkyu's waist and her head snuggled in his shoulder, and Junkyu rested his head onto hers, his hand loosely holding onto the remote.

Jeongwoo blinked in surprise. Jihoon snickered, hopping over to the bed. He had suggested Junkyu went over to watch a movie with her but didn't think he'd fall asleep there.

He opened his phone and the camera, stepping back to get a wider angle. Satisfied, he pressed the shutter button. The noise of the capture sounded through the quietness, wiping the proud smile off his face.

Jeongwoo and Jihoon exchanged panicked glances as they noticed Junkyu shifting. "Go, go...!" Jihoon whispered, running along with Jeongwoo.

---

"What's this? You slept at their house?" A puzzled Hyunsuk welcomed the four exiting Danbi's house.

"It was late, so I stayed over." Junkyu explained, awkwardness still lingering in him from the moment he and Danbi realized they had fallen asleep next to each other.