Settling In

((Y/N)'s POV)

I wanted Mommy and Daddy to hurry to dinner, but when they saw Tess with me to tell them dinner was almost ready when they woke up they still looked nervous. I'm sure they will all be friends soon and they can live in the basement and do chores around the house and stuff with me. It took some time to get them out to the dinner table, but some of the girls were in the living room and could still talk to us. It was just me, Mommy, and Daddy sitting at the table. They even helped make plates for everyone and we were having stirfry tonight and when we all started eating, I thought I could start talking.

(Y/N)-So Mommy, Daddy the girls of a thank you for letting them stay here for thanks for saving me.

Mommy-Um... We don't know if we can do that. We don't have enough money after bills and other things we need.

Kit-I looked into that and took the liberty to upgrade the fuse box to this house so to speak. Power will be 37% more efficient while using less power. Then I tinkered with other machines critical to your household to decrease the usage of wasted power... I apologize for doing this while you were passed out.

They tried to think about something else.

Daddy-Where are they going to sleep?

Sasha-We turned the basement into a room that we all share. Rest assured that there is still use for it to be a shelter.

Rivet-Even made some improvements with plans to conserve space to make it more spacious.

Everything was working out so far! My new friends can live here with us!

(Ashelin's POV)

I understand taking strangers into your home is no easy task, but we saved their son and they already want to cast us out to the street! We have nowhere to go or fit in. Plus, any chance of getting home is here. I'm just not leaving without him after all the effort I put in to get him back to me. Dinner was defending our stay which was easy, but honestly annoying to the point I already hated these two with a passion. 

Daddy-Ok, so I just want to see if I got all of the facts straight here... You all came from my video games.

Tess-We prefer our worlds are something you don't 'own'.

Daddy-S-Sorry... Rivet saved my son first and you all took care of him while he traveled to other worlds?

Rivet-That's right. You're welcome.

We could hear it in her voice that she was annoyed with him, but then swayed her tail a little at (Y/N) to entranced him with something he loves to cuddle with. He was going to go over and get what he wanted, but his mom stopped him.

Mommy-We are really thankful for you all taking care of our son, but please understand... This is a lot to take in.

Sasha-Rest assured we are working on a way to return home or find another alternative. Until then, I'm sure there is a way to make this work.

(Y/N)-Please, Mommy and Daddy. You tell me that you need to pay someone back somehow if they do something nice... And they saved me.

Daddy-Well... I guess I know you all... In a way non-stalker-ish kind of way. We just need to set a couple of ground rules like not going outside. For obvious reasons.

Angela-Of course.

He went over a few basic house rules and afterward, we all started to get ready for bed which is difficult since we don't have spare clothes of our own and have to find something that fit while our clothes get cleaned. The basement had a shower and bathroom in it, but we also used the bathroom upstairs. Before I could use the hallway bathroom, I felt someone hug my leg.