Chapter 30

Y/N HUDSON

JULY 23TH, 1965

It had been nearly a week since you reunited with Elvis and things were going smooth, almost too smooth. It was the night before Glady's funeral, and you knew Elvis was going to meet his daughter soon. Annalise also flew out but was staying with Rob for the time being. Rob told me that Annalise had a few, but very vivid memories of Gladys, she was also a mess.

I had to stay strong for basically everyone and it was a lot, but all the planning certainly kept me distracted. I was ironing Annalise and Lisa's dresses for the next day when someone knocked on my door. I responded by telling whoever to come in. I put Annalise's dress on the hanger as Elvis walked in and went to sit on the edge of my bed.

"Hey E... How're you holding up?"

He let out a sigh as he ran his toned hands through his black hair, "I'm... I'm doin' better. I know she ain't hurtin' no more. That's what's putting me at ease, y'know?"

I nodded with a tight-lipped smile as I then placed Lisa's small dress on its hanger. I saw Elvis peer at the dress for a moment too long before I hung both dresses up in the closet. Elvis started to dissemble the ironing board for me as I shut my closet doors.

"How's Priscilla?" I asked out of the blue.

Elvis gazed at me for several moments before hesitantly replying, "she's... thing's aren't too hot between us right now."

"Oh... I'm sorry to hear that," I paused, looking out the window. "I know how much you need her right now."

Elvis didn't say anything other than walk back towards the door, ironing board in hand. He sent me a gentle smile while standing in the doorway.

"Goodnight, Lil' mama."

"Goodnight Elvis."

The next morning, I made sure to wake up extra early. I called Rob's house phone to get in touch with him and Annalise. I told him what time to drop the girls off at the service and made sure Annalise did Lisa's hair. Lola came over about an hour later to grab the girl's dresses.

After I handed the dresses to Lola, I rushed inside to take a shower. I did my skincare after getting out of the steamy shower and began to curl my hair. I did a subtle, yet decent amount of makeup before getting dressed myself. I wore a long, black dress with sheer black long sleeves. I wore some pearls on my neck and wrist. For the finishing touch, I wore a black cavalier hat with black heels.

Graceland was quiet as everyone was finishing getting ready. As soon as I opened my door, several other doors opened in Graceland.

We were all ready.

Elvis was the first to walk up to view the casket. He was a mess. The sight made my heart shatter and all I wanted to was run up to him and give him the biggest hug and tell him that everything was gonna be okay.

There were quite a few people in front of me, so I simply let Lisa stay near Rob and Lola (who both have decided to stay to pay respects and help me if needed) until it was our turn to view the casket.

Finally, after about 24 minutes, it was our turn. The line had been cleared and everyone was seated. I let out a deep breath I hadn't realized I was holding, and prepared yourself to walk up with Annalise and Lisa. The Colonel locked eyes with me before he turned back around in his seat. He was seated in the very front row with the intermediate family of Gladys. There was a spot for Annalise and I saved, but not Lisa-Marie.