Chapter 18

Y/N HUDSON

JUNE 3, 1960

It was a terribly rainy day while you were stuck inside Graceland. There was an intense passing through Memphis and it started the night before. It didn't do much damage to the Graceland property itself but you did see the minor inconveniences in the front and back yards.

You were wearing a brown three-piece waffle knit lounge set, similar to the one you wore the night in Elvis' hotel room. You weren't nearsighted, but you decided to wear your black-framed glasses just to make things a little easier.

Annalise busied herself with the new tea party set Elvis insisted on buying her when you returned home. You kept most of her toys in your room which made one corner of the room look obnoxiously crowded, but it didn't bother you too much.

As she poured her teddy bear a cup of tea, a clap of thunder boomed throughout Memphis. Annalise jumped and you sighed, pulling her onto your lap. She hugged your torso tightly as her small legs hung off your lap.

"It's alright, Annalise, it can't get you from in here, we're safe," you assured her, kissing her nose.

She smiled but still was visibly nervous. She looked up at you with glossy eyes, "we're safe in Graceland?"

"Always. Do you want me to go make you a snack?" She nodded with big eyes. "Do you want to come with me to the kitchen?"

Annalise shook her small head, "I can be a big girl."

"You are a big girl, hun. I'll go make you a grilled cheese," you said. Remembering that Elvis' room was right around the corner, you reminded Annalise, "if something happens, Uncle Elvis' room is right around the corner. Make sure you knock first if you need anything," you remembered walking in on Priscilla asleep on your boss's chest and walking in on your boss getting blown and not by Priscilla.

Annalise returned to her tea party and you stood up, stretched, and went to walk down to the kitchen. The large kitchen was empty since Miss Jenkins couldn't make it out to Graceland due to the storm, and she was the only one who really put the kitchen to use.

You set out a pan on the stove and smeared a stick of butter across the pan, waiting for the stove to heat up on low heat. While waiting, you wandered over to the record player and shuffled through the sleeves of music. Finding a record that you can let loose to, you placed the record on the platter and gently pressed the needle to the grooves of the record.

Elvis' voice began to stutter out of the record player before his voice became smooth.

"You may go to college, you may go to school! You may have a pink Cadillac, but don't you be nobody's fool!" You completely forgot about the pan that was getting hotter by the minute.

"Come back, baby, I wanna play house with you!"

Elvis stepped out of his room with an irritated face. He was stressed about work, and ever since you caught him and that other girl at the hotel, he couldn't really 'relieve' himself. Walking with his shoulders hunched, he reached your room. You usually never left your door cracked open, so he put a hand on the door and pushed it open, curious as to what you were doing.

Instead of seeing you, however, he saw Annalise sitting at her tea table and pouring her teddy bear another cup of imaginary tea. Her eyes landed on the male and her eyes widened along with her grin. She got up and ran towards Elvis, hugging his leg.

"Uncle Elvis!"

"Hey there, baby-doll," he picked her up which resulted in her giggling madly, "you enjoyin' that tea-party set?"