sick (l.h)

I woke up to a warm feeling against my face. I moved around a bit, slowly waking up.

As my senses came back to me, I noticed what that warm feeling was. It was Luke. His chest was burning hot, as was the rest of his body. Placing my hand against his forehead, it was a no-brainer that he was running a fever.

Instead of waking him up, I slowly maneuvered around him to get off our bed. My feet touched the cold floor, causing me to wince louder than I intended.

Luke squirmed around, groaned, then went back to snoring. Thankfully.

Making my way downstairs, I headed into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed a gatorade and a cooling pack we came in there for when either of us got sick. Then I grabbed his water bottle out of the cabinet, filled it with ice, then with water. When it was filled, I made my way to the medicine cabinet and grabbed him some Tylenol.

I went back up to our room to find Luke sprawled out on the bed. His face was now a light red and slightly drenched in sweat. I frowned, not wanting to see him this bad. As I set the things on the nightstand, he groaned yet again but this time his eyes blinked open.

"Hey, you." I whispered, not wanting to disturb him.

He coughed, "Hi."

His one cough turned into a coughing fit. As much as I love him, I don't like being sick. I pulled the neckline of my hoodie up and over my nose, waiting for it to be over.

When it was, he caught a look at me and frowned.

"So you hate me?" He asked.

I laughed, "No! I just don't want to get sick."

"Because you hate me?"

I rolled my eyes and made my way over to him, keeping the hoodie over my nose. I kissed my hand through my makeshift mask and then touched his forehead. His face contorted and he looked visibly offended.

He tugged the sides of my hoodie, pulling me down on top of him.

"Luke! You aren't getting me sick!" I yelped, trying to fight out of his grasp.

Even though he looked like death, he still had a good bit of strength left in him. He puckered his lips, trying to kiss me.

After a bit of tussling, I gave in. I quickly pulled down the hoodie and placed a quick kiss on his lips. Immediately after I ran towards the bathroom. Luke's laughter could be heard throughout the house as I rinsed my lips.

When I came back into the room, Luke looked as content as a whiny kid who just got everything he wanted.

I rolled my eyes, "What?"

"You have terrible survival instincts." He told me, taking a sip of the gatorade.

I tilted my head, causing him to laugh.

"I'm sick. You don't know what I have. Yet you still kissed me." He explained.

My eye twitched slightly, "You practically attacked me for a kiss!"

He smacked his lips, "So what you're telling me, if some random guy was dying and all he wanted was a kiss from you, you'd kiss him?"

"How does that even correlate?!" I exclaimed.

Shrugging his shoulders while smiling. He took two of the Tylenol pills, then laid back down.

He turned his head towards me, "Are you gonna come back to bed or...?"

"Yeah, no. I'm not getting sick. I'll sleep on the couch."

I reached over him to grab my pillow and a small blanket I brought up here a few days ago. Luke wasn't in favor of this, so he yanked the pillow and blanket out of my hands.

He stood up, "No way. I'll sleep down there, you're staying up here."

I let out a small laugh, "You've probably contaminated the whole bed already."

"Is that how that works?" He asked.

"I have no clue."

We shared a laugh, then he handed me the pillow and blanket back. I gave him a soft smile which he quickly returned.

"Let me know if you need anything, okay?" I said softly.

He nodded, "Thank you. I love-," He cut himself off, going back into another coughing fit."

I snickered, "I love you too. Feel better."

holy crap I had a week full of exams and I am so sorry its been more than a whole week since I wrote pls forgive me

anyway

hope you enjoyed !!

<3, J