movie night (j.h)

The smell of butter filled the kitchen. Jack was back for a few days so we decided to spend his first night back having a Harry Potter marathon.

"I still can't believe you haven't seen all the movies." I said as he walked down the stairs.

He was only wearing his plaid pajama pants. His upper body was definitely a view. I was starting for a good bit, which caused him to laugh.

"Enjoying the view?"

I nodded and walked over to him, "Oh, for sure."

His hands ran down my body, settling on my lower back. I was wearing a short satin set he had gotten me for my birthday, and let's just say it didn't leave much to his imagination. He leaned down and pressed a kiss onto my lips.

Before we could get carried away, the microwave beeped, letting us know our second batch of popcorn was done.

"Damn. Stupid microwave." He sighed, pressing one last kiss on my forehead.

I pulled the bag out the microwave and poured it into the large popcorn bowl. I brought the bowl over to the living room while Jack grabbed a variety of drinks and brought those over as well.

We settled into the couch, his right arm wrapping around my waist. I grabbed the remote and pressed play on the movie. I could hear Jack snickering once he saw a young Daniel Radcliffe.

"Shut up!" I laughed.

This caused him to laugh even more, burying his face into my neck. "I'm sorry! He's just so small."

He eventually calmed down and reached for the popcorn. Instead of shoving it into his mouth, he shoved it into mine.

I made a noise of discomfort while pushing his hand away from my mouth, "Jack!"

"Sorry! I couldn't help it!" He laughed.

In return, I grabbed a handful of popcorn and shoved it in his face. He sat up slightly while gently swatting my hands away.

Instead of letting it go, he grabbed the whole bowl from behind me and poured it on my head. I let out a gasp, small kernels hitting my head.

Jack noticed the look on my face, and immediately got up and ran upstairs. I grabbed two handfuls of popcorn and chased after him. He tried to shut our bedroom door closed to hide, but I stopped it just in time.

He jumped onto the bed and squealed, "Okay! I'm sorry!"

I shook my head and jumped on top of him, pressing the popcorn into his face and hair. Yeah, it was kinda gross to be doing this on our bed, but that was the last thing on our minds.

Before I could keep going, his hands found my waist and flipped me over onto my back. He pinned my hands over my head and smiled down at me.

"Baby, I'm sorry. No more popcorn." He reasoned.

"You're just saying that because you lost." I smirked.

He rolled his eyes, "You're so competitive."

I leaned up to kiss his lips, "Maybe. But you love it."

Returning the kiss, he flipped us over, causing me to be on top of him.

"Yeah, I do."

The movie downstairs was still playing. We stayed like this for a bit before he spoke again.

"I missed this. I missed you." He whispered, running his hand up and down my back.

I rested my head on his chest, "Me too. I wish you could be here more often."

He let out a sigh. I knew it wasn't his fault that he couldn't be here as often as we would both like, but I couldn't help but be upset about it. Don't get me wrong, I was extremely happy for him. He was very passionate about hockey and he's worked so hard to get where he is, I just wished he had more free time.

"Even when I'm not here, no matter where I am, I'm always thinking of you. I love you wherever and whenever, Y/n L/n."

"What if you're on the toilet?" I smiled.

He laughed, "Even when I'm on the toilet."

I grimaced as we shared a laugh. Good to know he was as in love with me as I was with him.

"I love you too, Jack Hughes. Wherever, whenever."

Our lips touched yet again, the movie downstairs still going, but completely forgotten.

WRITERS BLOCK IS TERRIBLE AND I HATE IT. LIKE WDYM I CAN'T THINK OF STORIES ANYMORE???

anyway, I hope you enjoyed this one!!

<3, J