beach (q.h)

The chirping of birds and the sounds of the calm waves filled my ears. I could smell the saltiness of the water and the sunscreen Quinn was putting on himself.

"Hey, can you get my back please?" He asked, handing me the bottle.

I set my book down and took the bottle in my hands. I squeezed the cream on my hand and started rubbing it into his back.

He slouched and let out a sigh, "That feels nice."

"Yeah? Maybe you should get a massage when we go back to Canada." I laughed.

Instead of responding, he just made a noise and relaxed further.

When it was all worked into his skin, I placed my legs around him and leaned into his back. He reached back to grab my hands and pulled them so they were around his waist.

We sat comfortably before he stood up, pulling me with him. He didn't say anything, just started walking towards the water. I planted my feet in the sand and tugged him back.

He turned around and looked at me in confusion, "What?"

"I'm not going in the water! It's cold!" I said, trying to escape his hold.

But his grip on my hand got tighter, "No way! You aren't spending the whole day reading your ridiculous book."

My face fell slightly at his comment, causing him to laugh.

"Babe. I'm sorry, but no!"

I frowned, "Fine. But if it's too cold, I'm getting back out."

He brought my hand up and kissed it, "Deal."

We kept walking towards the water. When we reached it, Quinn ran straight in and dived into a wave. He popped up, moving his hair out of his face.

Damn. He's hot.

I was brought out of my thoughts when the water reached my feet, immediately making me wince. It was really cold, so I backed up.

Quinn stopped me, "Just get in!"

"No! I'm going back to my towel!" I yelled back.

He got up and started walking back towards me. Once he was out of the water, he started running towards me. I tried my best to out run him, but it was no use.

His body was cold which made me squeal. He picked me up and spun us around. I wrapped my legs around his torso and dug my face into his shoulder.

Eventually, he stopped and just stood still. His hands had moved to my butt making me laugh a little bit.

Thankfully, there weren't that many people on the beach since it was only 9 in the morning. I looked at him and his smile was huge.

"What are you smiling about?" I asked, trying my best not to smile.

He shook his head, "You're just so beautiful."

A warm feeling rose to my cheeks. I pressed my face into his shoulder, making him chuckle.

I placed a kiss on his cheek, "I love you."

"I love you too, beautiful."

He placed a small kiss on my lips. I pulled away and looked at him, admiring his features.

I thought we were going to have a cute moment, but I was mistaken. His grip tightened on me as he started running back towards the water.

"Quinn!"

North Carolina is so fun! (im going back to Vancouver tmrw 💔)

hope you enjoyed this one!

<3, J