The Viscount on the TV cries and calls his lover the bane of his existence. I snap out of my haze, scoff, then turn it off. The royal dickhead doesn't know what he's talking about. Try staring blankly at your phone for a month and living in a constant brain fog, only to be slapped back to reality with a news clip, jackass!

God, when is this suffocation going to end? I can't keep torturing myself.

Okay... I'm going to take a shower, get dressed, and try to enjoy the rest of summer before August is over. And I know exactly what would cheer me up. Collecting a debt.

Olga picks up her phone at the first tone. "What's up, Abbs?"

"Ready for your payment?"

"Nope," she says and falls silent. I let out an evil laugh. "Ah, come on, Abby! I'll pay you two hundred. Don't make me stand butt-naked on Times Square."

I chuckle. "Fine. You pick the spot. But it has to be public."

"Two hundred fifty."

"It's not negotiable!" I cry, carrying my mug to my bedroom. "I wore those boots for thirty days. You'll only wear them for thirty minutes."

She huffs... Then she puffs. "Madison Square Park."

"What time?"

"In an hour?" she suggests.

"See you there," I say, finish my coffee, and hop into the shower.

My wet hair dries by the time I reach the park. I place my sunglasses above my head and start giggling the moment I see Olga standing under the shade of a tree. She is wearing long a raincoat, holding a cardboard sign that says 'I LOST.'

"Three hundred," she offers. I laugh and shake my head. "Fine." She grabs the bulky boots from my grasp and puts them on.

I hang her raincoat around my arm while she wears the sign over her Brazilian-cut bikinis. The cardboard is long enough to cover her entire upper body and her crotch. I'd call her fully covered, except for the side boobs and...well, her butt cheeks.

"Start the timer," she mutters.

I grin, take my phone out of my denim shorts, and set the alarm.

The park is buzzing despite the early working hours. A small camera crew takes over the far corner with a crowd circling around them. There must be celebrities because people are rising on their toes, trying to get snaps with their phones.

We are like celebrities too—the crazy ones. Every passer-by turns around to take a second look at us. Some even stop to take a selfie with Olga, and ask us what she's lost.

"Her sass," I say, slap her ass and laugh until I tear up. Olga gives me the side eye but laughs along. I love her for ditching work to do this today. She just wants to see me smile after nearly a month.

When the thirty minutes are over, Olga puts on her raincoat. We stuff the cardboard into a trash can and take a stroll toward the production crew in the corner.

"How are things with Daniel?" I ask.

"If I say great, will you start crying?"

I giggle and shake my head.

"I've been meaning to get you two together. I think you'll like him, Abby."

I smile and tap her arm. "As long as he makes you happy."

When we reach the crowd around the crew, we rise on our toes and I spot a pair of green eyes behind the barriers.

"Nate!" Olga calls before I can stop her.