◖C H 8◗

Not less than a week was left for the Kyoto school trip. Everyone was busy choosing their groups for it. My eyes wandered across the room to find Okuda. Once I spotted her, I realised she had already gotten a group but it was missing a 6th member. Hoping to be in the same group as her I strodded in her direction but stopped on seeing that Kanzaki was already there. Even though I was disappointed, I shrugged it off and looked for another group.

.
{I'll just skip (ㆁᴗㆁ)}
.

It was after everyone had already gone to sleep but I was still awake for some reason. I had decided on taking a stroll around the place where we were staying for the two days.
Walking by myself, I pondered on the thought of how Kanzaki, Okuda and Kayano had gotten kidnapped on this first day but Koro sensei had rescued them.
'Right, their group also had Karma, Nagisa and Sugino. If I heard correctly then Karma was also knocked out.' Speaking of the devil, when I turned at the corridor intersection, my head bumped into Karma's.
"Ow! Is that a head or a brick?" I said while rubbing my forehead.
"Says who? You can definitely break a wall with that thing." He also rubbed his head a bit. "Why are you taking a walk at 11PM?"
"I couldn't sleep so I decided to take a stroll around here. What about you?"
"I got a bit thirsty, nothing much."
"Yeah, whatever then..." I had no interest in chatting with him for any longer so I continued wandering around for no reason.
Unexpectedly enough, Karma tailed me around.
"Why are you following me?" I stopped to face him.
"I don't think I want to go to sleep right now. Maybe we can chat." That sounded more of an unavoidable thing rather than a suggestion or question.
I sighed in annoyance.
'If I'm not wrong, there's a small indoor pond in this hotel. Which way was it again?' I recalled seeing the tiny pond near the sleeping lounge.

I slided the shoji door and found the garden pond right in front of me, the water reflecting moonlight and twinkling stars from the night sky. Even for a cheap inn it did have some good spots. I took a deep breath in, then out. I sat down on the veranda floor with crossed legs, gazing at the sky.
"Pfft...Are you trying to pose like the main character of a show or something?" He taunted.
I turned my head up to where his face was, "Even if I was, would you let me have a peaceful time?"
He smirked and sat down next to me, "Probably not. I enjoy chatting with you. Also, there's something which you should be talking to me about?"
I tilted my head in confusion, "What is it?"
He brought his hand to the back of my head and shaked it, "Come on, that's what everyone's on about."
I held his wrist then pushed his hand away, "You don't have to shake my head. Are you talking about getting knocked out by some high schoolers today?"
His face turned into a hmph expression "You don't have to put it like that. The only reason was that they attacked from behind, otherwise I would've won."
"So, Okuda, Kanzaki and Kayano were abducted, right. I'm glad they are safe now." I looked at the pond water in front of us.
"Yup, if it wasn't for Koro sensei." He crossed his arms and gazed at the night sky.
I stared at his face from the side of my eye. His lips were curled into a smile like always. I couldn't help but notice the stars reflecting back into his eyes.
"Say..." I looked away from his face. "Do you like someone?..." I just realised what I had said. 'Why'd I say that!? Good Lord, I hope he doesn't get the wrong idea.'
"Like someone? Hmm..." he placed his hand on his chin and thought about it. "I'll have to say Okuda San."
'Okuda? Really? That's unexpected.' I looked back at him. "Okuda san?"
I noticed his face turning into a mischievous grin, "Yeah, she's good at chemicals. She can also make poison which is useful for me."
"That's... great? What should I say now?" His reasoning was not unexpected.
"What about you? Anyone piqued your interest or are you always just looking down on people?"
"I do look down on people who are not worth it. Nothing wrong with that."
"Don't you and your friend, ASSano have a thing going on?" He purposely pronounced Asano's name like that.
"Stop ruining Gakushu's name. And no, he's just a good friend I've known for a long while." I stood up and turned around to the door.
Karma said, "Leaving already?"
"I was here to take some fresh air but your presence makes it foul." I said before shutting the door behind and going back to sleep.
"Have sweet dreams about me~" I heard him say from the other side of the door.
I slided the door open again and said, "Sure, I love it when you're crying in my dreams while I laugh at you." I slided it back close then went back to the girls' bedroom.

.
Later, on the second night stay...
.

I was sitting in a corner and not paying any heed to the chat the girls were having, not until Nakamura called out for me.
She said, "Y/N san! Come here, come here."
I went closer towards the group and listened to what they had to say, "Let's talk about the boys we like, that's what girls talk about on trips like this. It's fun!"
Kurahashi said, "Ooh! I like Karasuma sensei!"
"Yeah, yeah... We all like him, I mean someone from among our classmates. I guess Isogai and Maehara are pretty alright..."
"Really? You think so?", came from Katoka.
"Sure, but Maehara plays the field so that puts student council rep, Isogai in the lead."
Yada said, "Karma would win on good looks alone."
On the mention of Karma's name, I felt like joining in, "He is handsome but too violent."
"I don't think he's that bad though." That came from Okuda. My eyes turned towards her when she said that.
'Are their feelings mutual then? Does Okuda like him too?' I thought to myself. 'Wait! Why do I even care? This had nothing to do with me. No need to bother with it, me.'

.
The trip was over and I was laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling blankly in silence.
My phone rang with a notification. I grabbed it from the table placed next to the bed and checked it. It was Karma.
"My house is dusty. Come clean it tomorrow. It's the weekend so you probably have nothing better to do." That's what the message read.
"Who does he think he is? That's so annoying." I muttered to myself.
Again, I received another notification from someone. It was Gakushu this time. I opened my DMs with him.
"I didn't see you on the entire trip. Guess, it was planned this way." It was what his text read.
"That's right. Say, tomorrow's the weekend. Wanna hang out?" I replied to him.
"Of course, I love the idea." A fast reply came from him.
"Anything in your mind for particular?" I asked him.
"You like manga, right?"
"That's not even a question. I just LOVE manga."
"Then, let's check out a manga store together."
"You alright? Fever or something?"
"What? No! Why?"
"It's just that you're always on and on about studying and studying. You're pretty serious about studies."
"I also take breaks, 'k? (-_-)"
"Yeah, sure"
"How does 1PM sound? I'll meet you at your place."
"Fine by me."

»»--⍟--««