◖C H 6◗  

READER'S POV

I wiped the dust off of the book shelves, standing on a stool to reach the level of the shelf, which didn't seem to have been cleaned since ages. It had 25-30 books of different sorts. The column containing the Sonic Ninja mangas was so far the most cleanly kept. My eyes moved to another book titled 'The perfect guide to torture'. I looked at it awkwardly then proceeded to clean the shelves. What could I have even expected there. It was a maniac's book shelf in my eyes.
"Done yet... Ms. Maid?" The conceited smug voice came from behind me.
Karma stood there leaning at his room's doorframe and sipping on his strawberry milk which he held in his right hand with his left arm crossed.
I roll my eyes in annoyance and pause from what I was doing to talk to him. "What's with that nickname? Didn't you call me 'Your highness' or things like that?"
Karma grins, "Why? I called you that earlier because of your ego, Ms. Maid. But now things have changed. You lost the bet and are now my servant.~~"
I fold my arms still facing him, "I don't think it's fair. I would have barked like a dog in public but being your servant is unacceptable."
Karma: "Should've thought before making the bet, Ms. Maid."
Y/N: "Stop with that."
Karma: "Why? It's fun... Ms. Maid"
He chuckled at me making fun of my condition. "I guess you've cleaned my manga corner well, my loyal servant~If you have, I'd gladly disperse you for the day after one last task."
I look at his proud face with folded arms. I got off from the stool glancing at my dusty hands. "You're getting on my nerves now and yes, I've cleaned the shelf which you were too lazy to clean up yourself."
"I'm seeing you've tried to tidy it up... hmm... in that case, onto the next task." He tossed the empty strawberry milk box towards the bin in a corner of his room, purposely missing then pointing a finger at it telling me to throw it in.
I assumed it was the last task he was talking about and threw it in the bin.

I sighed as I walked over to the bin, picked the milk box then threw it in. "Is that all? Then I'll be going home now."
I picked up my bag after I saw Karma walking towards the kitchen. My ears could hear him rifle through the drawers and shelves. I could care less about his trouble as I headed towards the front door. When my hand reached the door knob I felt Karma's hand grab my wrist. He was preventing me from leaving. I looked at him in confusion and raised an eyebrow, "I'm already done, why are you stopping me?"
Karma held his wallet in his right hand, tossing it up and down while the left hand holding was my wrist. "I never said what your last task was~" Smirked the red-head.
I stared blankly at him and blinked my eyes a few times before speaking up "I'm too tired to have an argument. Just- tell me what it is and I'll hurry it up" ,I sighed.
"Great!" He still didn't release my wrist.
He stuffed the wallet in his pocket to open the door. He pulls me out after him and locks the door behind us.
"What are you up to? Are you going to have me clear off weeds from your lawn now?" I said that considering the fact that the lawn mower was not kept inside but in the lawn only, resting against the wall.
"I'd love to assign you such a wonderful task! But let's keep that for later, hm?" He said that in his usual cunning voice.
I crossed my arms in annoyance and started tapping my foot against the ground out of impatience "Gosh, just tell me already what you want me to do?"
"Shopping, duh~"
"Shopping? As in groceries and stuff?"
"Ya but it's mainly about my strawberry milk boxes."
"Do you even need me for shopping?"
"I hate to admit that." He began walking off in the market's direction. "It's just 5 o'clock, I can't have you leaving early, Ms. Maid."
I walked after him. Why was I even sticking along when I could just run away? That question kept lingering in my mind continuously. "Drop with that lame name, I'm not even you real servant. We just made a bet to agree on all the orders you'd be giving me."
"It's the same thing, Ms. Maid~"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

I picked up a strawberry milk box to check the labels behind the package.
"Is that even necessary? Just throw them in the basket." He picked up around 7-8 boxes doing what he had said. "See? That's simple. Towards the next item in my list now."
Karma walked in front if another shelve with me who was behind him with the basket. I noticed him buying 5-6 cups of instant noodles each from different brands. "Hold up, do you survive only on instant noodles and strawberry milk?"
"What do you think I am? Of course I eat other stuff too but these two are just my favorite."
"Doesn't your mom or dad make you food to eat? Or you're the one who denies to eat homemade stuff?"
"The second option but in an other way. My parents love travelling so they are barely home. I can cook some stuff but I just don't ever feel like ever doing it." He said that as if nothing new to him."
'His parents are barely home? That must be lonely for him.' I felt bad for the boy. I couldn't understand how he felt about it.
"That ain't any good for your health, buddy." I sounded genuinely concerned for him.
I grabbed him by his wrist to pull along with me. He showed no resistance.
"What are you up to?" He was curious to know where I was taking him. It was easier to pull him than I had imagined. My right hand held the shopping basket while my left one was wrapped around Karma's hand. It felt strangely warm.
I stoppedd in front of the vegetables.
"You're having a normal dinner tonight." It sounded more like an order.
"Wha-? Who are you? My mom? My nanny?" Karma couldn't get what had gotten it into me. 'She seems all concerned about me. Why?'
I realized I was acting all concerned about him right now. It felt embarrassing.
"Just- I- I'm just concerned for our classmates. Yes, our classmates, that's all." That sounded like the worst excuse to make up.
"How did they get dragged into my eating habits?" He raised an eyebrow.
"It goes like, if you have an unbalanced diet you'll end up sick and eventually won't be able to study or give a good performance in exams which will lead to our class's Q.P.I. to go down... Yes, that's it. Nothing more nothing less." I tried to make it sound as reasonable as I could.
"Okay?"
Karma looked up and down at me "When do you intend to let go off my hand?"
I looked down and realised I was still holding his hand since I had dragged him with me.
I immediately let go of it. There was embarrassment written all over my face.
I fake coughed trying to shift the attention away from the hand incident.
'I didn't realise I was holding it for so long. I thought his hands would be rough and cold but they're warm and soft. WAIT! What are you thinking Y/N! Snap out of it!'