𝟔𝟓 | 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

~*~

NEXT DAY ~ IN SHISEN

I felt very unsettled about this place......

After another night that has passed while in deep thought, as if we're within another investigation. I couldn't barely sleep last night, only for an hour or three, but it was enough to get by. Though all of us are on edge about the state the town was in, my main concern is why isn't the Chief of The Water Tribe not doing a thing about it. 

Is it because he's too lenient? 

Despite my concern for Yona walking directly into a heavy situation, like our last in Port Awa and Kum-ji, she was top priority in keeping her safe. Even while I could hardly sleep on my back from the wounds, that Jae-ha inflicted, I was relieved he looked much better than the night before. This drug was far dangerous than I anticipated; if it caused even a dragon warrior to react this way.

For some reason though Jae-Ha has been glancing my way, as if he was curious or troubled about something. 

All of last night when we all turned in for the night, he wouldn't stop staring or even sensing something like my wounds. Could he tell something was up, or was he just being paranoid after the small misunderstanding earlier. Not even wanting to cast personal issue right now, I just kept to myself and remained with Shin-ah by my side as we wait for Yun. He said he was gonna try and negotiate, for information provided for us on Shisen.

"Hmm........" my head perks up a little, from the ground. Peering through the crowd of people, I couldn't shake the feeling as if we're being watched. Not the usual scowling glance, but people following us.

A gentle tug on my sleeve alerts me, before seeing Shin-ah nudging his head in the direction from where I was searching through.

"You see them too?" He whispers quietly, while giving him a nod in response.

"Sure do...." I reply, before Yona picks up on the mysterious person. 

A woman with deep blue hair like mine, maybe lighter as she seemed to dress rather formally. With two women standing either side of her, I wasn't sure if they were her friends, family......maybe bodyguards? Soon the three make a dash for it, realising they've been caught red handed for doing something they shouldn't.

"Yona......should I chase after them?" Shin-ah asks quietly, pointing in the direction the girls just fled from. 

Yona shook her head, "It's alright, Shin-ah,"

For a moment I notice Yona was soon curious, as to why the same girl was watching them from afar. Gently I place a warm hand to her shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze of reassurance. Surprised her eyes meets mine before fading into a warm smile, when noticing Yun rushing towards us.

Yun clears his throat, "Yona, I'e negotiated with a store where people seem to assemble at night," he informs her, but also directed towards me as well.

"Thank you," Yona softly thanks him. "Even if we investigate like this, we won't make much progress.......but...." she turns to me with worry. ".....Are you sure you wanna go through this with me, I mean this was my idea?"

Smiling softly, "I wouldn't have chimed in, if you didn't suggest it," I assure her gently, glancing towards Hak, then back to her. "Besides, I can easily blend in...and you're not doing this alone, okay?"

The princess was rather hesitant at the idea, but I share you a wide smile of assurance and security.

Even Hak was wary of the idea but he knew as well I, that Yona's safety is our main priority. What we're doing is rather dangerous for a young princess, especially with little experience in self defence at this point. This plan has been going on since last night, and the decision has been made hours ago. Despite Shin-ah quietly disagreeing with this, and even the others, they knew they couldn't change neither of our own minds.