𝟏𝟕 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

///

Seiryuu's pov:

After running from those strange people I could feel my eyes burning, throbbing with pure agony. My breathe grew so ragged, I could hardly breathe while holding my head from the intensity of the pain. That girl with the red hair, she did this to me. Leaning against the wall I try to guide myself to my normal hideout, dragging my feet heavily across the stone.

My eyes are killing me, when I touched that red haired woman to pull her away to save her friend.....my blood started rushing through my veins. It was like I was going to collapse, then i heard those voices...

Then that man with pure white hair framing his face, with a white robe draped over him. Who was that man? Why do I feel like I should know him? Like why do I feel like some strange bond with him? The words White dragon kept flowing through my mind.....

My blood is boiling, what a strange sensation......I never felt anything like it before. What's happening to my eyes? Why are they aching so badly? Taking a deep breathe I just need to stay calm, but no one should know about my cursed power.

Yet when I held that woman in my arms, she seemed to have this same aura around her. When I was a child, many years ago. Before being isolated deep underground here, after we had to be in hiding. That girl........she still lingers in my mind, no matter what I'm doing.

The way her skin touched mine made my heart skip a few beats, and I never got to look at her eyes properly. Yet I still remember that very day, I felt happiness in my entire life.

*

//FIFTEEN YEARS AGO//

I accidentally dropped my ball only for my eyes to linger where it trailed off too, stopping at the feet of an unfamiliar girl. My gaze trails up to see a girl not much younger than me, Short midnight blue hair with bright silver eyes shone like the moon. She wore clothes that were not of my village, seeing a feather hanging from her head piece.

"Huh?" She tilts her head bending down, lifting the ball up it had light purples stripes and a green ring around. Wanting to see if she would give my ball back, but I saw her looking around.

"U-Um..." I step forward slowly, afraid of what she would think of me.

She lifted her head up only gaze at me, her eyes widen in wonder instead of being nervous nor fear. She held a calm aura around her, which made me swallow thickly.

Looking down to the ball in her hands she looks back up, "This yours?" She questioned me, shyly.

Nodding slowly in response without uttering a single word, she smiles softly tilting her head in curiosity. She was definitely different, "I......haven't.....seen you before," I point out quietly, feeling nervous.

Her eyes widen in response with my first words spoken to her, "I'm just travelling by......." She replied, when she looked at the ball and then me. ".....you wanna play?"

My eyes slowly widen behind my mask with my mouth slowly gaping, not sure what to say for a moment. Never had anyone asked me to play anything, nor has anyone decided to even dare be near me. Yet this stranger not knowing my power, and who I am was gladly forward and direct.

"Sure,"

A smile lighted up in her eyes, "Great!" She laughed, with my gold eyes widening.

Soon we both began to play back and forth together, catching the ball and laughing. Never have I felt a sense of happiness in my heart, this company made me feel complete. Even if I only spent it this time for a small memory, to look back on. Her smile was so beautiful, everything about her was cute. She wasn't afraid of my overwhelming power that others were too in fear to even face me.