Li Hongye is the taboo name of the Fourth Prince of the dynasty.

"Yes." Cui Muli said in an understatement: "His Highness is young and vigorous. He may have to suffer some setbacks before he can mature."

Zhou Niannan looked gloating when he heard this. These words meant that someone was going to be in bad luck. He rubbed his chin and said jokingly: "After the Bianhe River flood disaster, his reputation among the people increased greatly, and he was praised by the Emperor. I guess he was extremely proud, so proud that he got carried away."

Cui Muli picked up a black chess piece, his eyes hovering over the chess game, "With Zhang Xianzong making plans behind his back, he thinks he has nothing to worry about."

"Zhang Xianzong..." Zhou Niannan said: "A thousand-year-old fox, I used to underestimate him."

Cui Muli took a moment, and wrapped his slender fingers around the wine cup. He brought it to his lips to drink. "Although he has no military power, he is a good hand at winning people's hearts and playing political tricks. He and Imperial Concubine Zhang worked in tandem, cooperating inside and outside and spent a lot of effort to attain political achievements for Li Hongye. If there is no disgrace, I'm afraid the Emperor will not touch him easily."

When it was Zhou Niannan's turn, he raised his eyebrows cynically and tossed it to a random position, "The Emperor is still in his prime, why be anxious?"

"Man is prone to misfortune and good fortune, and the sky is unpredictable, but the country cannot be left without a master for a day. Although the Emperor has a deep love for the Empress, he cannot be desperate." Cui Muli added the last move accurately and chuckled: "You lose."

Zhou Niannan took a closer look and saw that the black pieces were silently encircling the white pieces with no room for turning. He snorted, and leaned back in his chair. He raised his head, and said meaninglessly: "Playing chess with you is really boring... Hey, Cui Er, when will you compete with me in Liubo? I will definitely win and you will lose your pants!"

Cui Muli took care of the chess pieces and ignored his provocation, "If you want to play Liubo, someone else will accompany you."

Speaking of this, Zhou Niannan was speechless and said: "Qin Tianyu's wife gave birth to a fat son for him. He takes care of the child at home every day and never leaves the house. If I didn't know, I thought he was in confinement."

"Baili Sheng?"

"That guy is even more outrageous. He said that he had fallen in love with a merchant girl and kept pestering her every day to be his concubine. Even when I made an appointment with him, he refused."

"Oh?" Cui Muli pushed the chessboard aside, "They are like this, don't you have any ideas?"

"Of course." Zhou Niannan slammed the table and yelled angrily: "A bunch of guys who forget their friends when they see beauty, forget their brothers when they have a woman!"

Cui Muli:......

He put two fingers together, and pressed his forehead. He looked at him pointedly, "Niannan, you are the same age as them, you are nineteen this year." Don't you have any idea about the opposite sex?

Zhou Niannan sensed something and looked him up and down, "Aren't you nineteen? Or have you lost your virginity by carrying me on your back?"

Cui Muli:......

"The eldest brother doesn't laugh at the second brother's poverty. Please worry about yourself first." Zhou Niannan was sitting lazily, but suddenly straightened up. He winked at him, and said with a narrow smile: "Cui Er, could it be that you have taken a fancy to some girl? Are you getting married?"

A silent silhouette flashed across Cui Muli's mind at an inappropriate time. His thoughts froze, and he half-closed his long eyes again, "How can you start a family if you haven't established a career?"

Zhou Niannan paid attention to his expression and said, whether deliberately or unintentionally: "I think Su Panyan is very good. She is already engaged. I heard that she and her fiancé have been childhood sweethearts and have a very good relationship -"

Cui Muli refused to comment and threw out five words, "Do you like Xie Miao?"

The conversation stopped suddenly, and Zhou Niannan seemed to be strangled by the neck. His face quickly turned red and he denied it: "Who would like that guy!"

Cui Muli pointed out calmly: "You gave her a lamp."

"That's because... because I saw how pitiful she was!" He poured the wine angrily, taking three gulps in a row like a cow. He ignored his heartbeat like a drum and sneered: "Did she talk nonsense in front of you? I'm telling you, don't believe even a word of it! She is, she is—"

He wanted to hurt her with a few words as usual, but he remembered her peaceful and playful look in the snow, and his heart softened for some reason. He swallowed the rest of the words back into his stomach. He weakened his voice and muttered in a low voice: "Who would like her if she is so barbaric?"

Barbaric?

Cui Muli also remembered the kick he received when he was drunk, and silently curled his lips, "Yes, I understand, you don't like her."

"Yes!" Zhou Niannan emphasized again and again, "You must never involve her with me again."

The two of them had their own thoughts and drank a few cups of wine. Cui Muli's fingers began to tap the table rhythmically.

"Two years ago, Li Hongye invited himself to go to the Bianhe River Basin to control the flood epidemic. At that time, there were more than 300 people traveling, including a traveling official named Qiu Zhao."

It seems like there is drama.

Zhou Niannan's eyes flashed, "Give me a few days and I will catch him."

Cui Muli shook his head slowly, "Three months ago, all of Qiu Zhao's family died in a fire, and only the second son was missing. I received news that the Zhang family sent fifty elite soldiers to secretly search for traces of this son for as long as he survives."

Zhou Niannan thought for a while, his expression gradually became serious, "He must have Li Hongye's hidden secret."

Cui Muli dipped his index finger in water and drew a winding path on the table, "The spies reported that Qiu Zhao's son went from east to west to Yandu."

Zhou Niannan said in a deep voice: "That's the fiefdom of King Rui."

King Rui is the younger brother of the current Emperor, who is stationed in the fief all year round. Although he and the Emperor are not born from the same mother, they have had a close brotherhood since childhood. However, no matter how gentle a person is, if a knife is handed to his hand, it is inevitable that he will make a move.

The movement of knocking on the table stopped, Cui Muli raised his eyes and said softly: "Send someone to intercept."