Arika & Ahan's Prologue

AHAN'S POV

"Arika wake up! It's 2 p.m. already. If you don't want to miss the train for god's sake wake up" I again tried to wake up my sleepyhead sister.

"Ughh hmm just 5 minutes more. I promise I will wake up", Again with same 5 minutes more.

"No, you know I hate being late. Wake up or else I will leave for Dharamshala on my own" I replied with frustration.

"I know you can't manage without me. You don't even know how to board on train. Haha!", She replied in her sleepy coarse voice.

"Whatever!", I replied with sulking face

Upon seeing my sulking face Arika got up and went to take a quick shower. From outside the bathroom I asked what does she want for breakfast, as usual she answered with her coffee and aloo sandwich. She thinks I'm her personal chef and it's my duty to cook for her. But to be honest I secretly enjoy cooking for her.

ARIKA'S POV

I was taking a shower when my hand hit the cupboard.

"OWW! That hurts", I screamed in pain.

"What happened? Is my bathroom ok?" Ahan asked hurriedly.

"Yes, and I'm also ok", I said while being in pain.

—⚔️—⚔️—

After taking a shower I got ready and went downstairs to have breakfast.

"Arika hurry up! We need to get to railway station in 20 mins. Should I leave without you?", Ahan said in a hurry.

"Haan haan baba! Wait na, I just need 5 mins more", I said with a casual attitude.

"I don't care now! I am starting the car, if you can sit in the car till I start it then well and good, or else I will leave without you", Ahan said with a strict voice.

"Ugh, fine! Let's go", I said with irritation.

—⚔️—⚔️—

Ahan was giving me side eye because we are stuck in traffic and he's blaming me for being late.

"I'm sure we are gonna miss this train", He said with a hint of sadness.

"Don't be sad, I promise you we are not going to be late", I tried to reassure him.

"Really? How? We need to get to station in 5 mins and seeing this traffic, I am sure it will take atleast 30 mins to clear", He said with irritation.

"Just listen to your sister. I am guilty but I promise you are not going to miss your first train", I said with confidence.

"Ok fine. I believe you", He said this and he was dozing off.

"It's ok, you can sleep. I will drive", I said while getting in driver's seat.

AHAN'S POV

I started dozing off because last night I stayed up all night packing for my clothes so today I was feeling a little tired.

—⚔️—⚔️—

As the car stopped, my sleep broke and I realized we have already reached the station. When I took a look at my watch I realized we were on time and not late.

"How are we not late? Did we reach here in 5 mins?", I asked because I was shocked.

"Haha! Don't be so shocked, I took a shortcut", She replied with a smile.

"Thanku. Thanku for saving my first train ride", I said and hugged her.

"No problem. It was my fault in the first place", She replied with guilt.

"Now let's board on train and find our seats", I said with excitement in my eyes.

—⚔️—⚔️—

"That one is our train. I'll go find our seats, you go and bring some snacks and water bottle for me", Arika ordered me.

"Ok", I agreed.

ARIKA'S POV

I got on the train and started looking for our compartment. Once I found the compartment I started looking for our seats. I found Ahan's seat but I wasn't able to find mine. We could not get adjacent seats so our seats were a little far from each others.

There it is my seat 339. But wait someone's already sitting on it. Wait let me recheck. That is my seat.

"Hey excuse me, You are sitting in my seat. I am supposed to sit here", I said politely.

"I am sorry madam, but this is my seat. You can even check on my ticket", Stranger showed his ticket on his phone.

"Sir you can even see on my ticket, it's clearly written 339", I said to him.

"I am sure there must be a problem, let me call tc", Stranger said.

He called tc and we got to know we have been assigned same seat by machine's fault. We were told to share the seat and we would get a free meal as compensation.

"Mister I don't want any free meals, just give me a seat", I said furiously.

"Sorry mam, but that's not possible. But we can return 50% of your ticket fees", Tc said.

"I don't know, but I'm not going to share my window seat with this 'uncle'. I need to be assigned to a different seat", I said as anger built up in my body.

"I'm sorry—" Tc was cut in between by the stranger.

"Even I'm not going share MY seat with this behen ji", Stranger said with fake smile on his face.

"Mam and sir there is nothing right now that I can do. But if you can adjust with your seats till the 3rd stop then I can arrange an extra seat. Please co-operate and I am extremely sorry for inconvenience", Tc said trying to convince us.

"Fine", stranger and I said together.

Author's note

Hey lovelies!
How are you all? I'm very sorry for taking more than a month but I'm going to upload regularly now.
Are you enjoying the book? Do you want some extra of Ahan? If you want I can even make a seperate prologue for Ahan.