Chapter 15 :- Haunting Friend

Börja om från början

June, rolling her eyes, chimed in. "Ava, don't waste your time on him. It's useless."

Alvin nodded in agreement, surprising everyone with his compliance. "June's right, Ava. Don't waste your time on me, follow your master like a dog."

With that, everyone except Sofia and Alvin began walking towards the ruins. Alex, approached him cautiously. "Hey, I'm sorry about this, but we are going in."

Alvin's face hardened, his eyes filled with a mix of disappointment and anger. "Yeah, go on. I don't care. I thought you might listen to me Alex, but you don't, huh? You know what happened when we went inside these ruins last time, but you guys still want to go in. I learned my lesson that day when that ghost, Dylan, tried to grab us. I know that the ghost stopped, but I can't trust it. So go on, you guys aren't going to listen to me anyway."

Alex stood frozen, his mind racing with conflicting emotions. Just then, June's voice broke through the tension, calling out to the group who were already prepared to enter the ruins of the old house. They stood at the front, their anticipation palpable. June approached near Alex, her eyes pleading. "Come on, Alex."

Alex looked around, feeling a sense of unease. He turned to Alvin and said, "I'm going in, okay?" He took a deep breath and started walking towards his friends who were standing near the front of ruins.

Alvin said "Alex, wait" Alex turned around and looked at Alvin.

Alvin's tone was calm, but there was a warning in his voice that sent shivers down Alex's spine. "If anything bad happens in there, you'll all be responsible for it. That means even if you die inside."

Alex, Sofia, and June all felt their bodies start to shake. They knew that Alvin wasn't joking around. He was serious, and they could tell that he meant every word. June tried to brush it off, saying that nothing would happen to them, but Alvin's words had already planted a seed of doubt in their minds.

June then turned to Alvin and snapped, "Shut up, Alvin. And don't forget, we're a team here. We'll work together and make sure that nothing bad happens."

June took Alex's hand and started walking towards the ruins, where the rest of their friends were waiting.

Alvin watched them go, his eyes following their every move. Sofia, who was sitting beside him on a stone, watching the scene unfold. Alvin said "Teamwork, huh? They all dying together could also be considered as teamwork."

Sofia didn't have an answer for him. She hugged her knees to her chest, feeling a sense of unease settle in her stomach. She knew that they were all taking a risk by entering the ruins, but she couldn't shake off the feeling that something was off.

Sofia asked, "What do you think will happen inside?"

Alvin paused for a moment, his gaze never leaving the ruins. "I can't tell you that. You can't tell and change what's going to happen inside, just like you can't tell and change the future. But you can change your habits, and if you do that, surely your habits will change the future. That's what will happen to June."

Sofia furrowed her brow, confusion evident on her face, she inquired "What do you mean? Is June a bad person?"

Alvin sighed, his eyes reflecting a mixture of frustration and understanding. "She is stubborn and she often has the impression that everything will go as she says, but it won't always happen. I am not trying to be anyone's savior; I am just trying to think about the future."

Sofia said, "But as long as we have each other, we have everything, right?"

Alvin replied calmly, "Yeah, but that also includes fear, pain, and sorrow. Don't forget about that."