BUT YOU ALWAYS STAND OUT

And his smile dropped, with his expression slowly getting venomous....

"I did what?" He asked, slowly.

I gulped. "I didn't have my phone with me when I came to the match. So how's it possi-

In the next instant, he was laughing

"Goodness, Vera." He finally held his breath. "So this was it. While you were asleep, they sent someone to deliver your phone after it was repaired ahead of schedule."

I then let out a sigh of relief. "Here, they asked you to take this to make the payment." He handed me the card and I couldn't look him in the eye. Too much for a day, already.

"You passed out back there, so I carried you here with my cousin. Are you okay now?"

"I-I passed out?" I stuttered and as much as I hate to recall and can't recall what happened to me, I thought I needed rest, for real

But something about it doesn't ring true...

"I'm truly sorry for being such a nuisance, I'll make sure I make it up to you some other time."

"Uh, it's getting late, I'll go first." I didn't even let him reply to that as I grabbed my bag and headed toward the door. I needed to get away from this man, at least for now.

--------------------------------------

ONE DAY LATER:

It was Monday and the club was scheduled. I haven't even completed the write-up I was assigned to in the group.

1 Unseen Message

I tapped on the notification that popped up on the phone screen. It was a new number.

You coming today right?

I clicked on the profile picture to see who it was and it was none other than Dave.

Even his photos are as fine as him. He's equally proud too, at the same time. He must be very rich I suppose, given the fashion sense he has.

I'm envious of his charm!