~.✧ jseckoveck (pt. 1) ✧.~

Part 1 of undetermined amount XD

My feet tapped against the stone floor as I made my way down the hall toward Asria's quarters. I hugged the newest dress I'd made for her to my chest from where it was draped over my arm. I'd finished it that morning, so when she'd called upon me and asked if I wanted to have tea with her, I'd gladly accepted.

But perhaps it was more than just because I'd finished the dress and wanted to give it to her. Recently, it felt as if our time together without it being work related or in a large group was few and far between. She had a lot going on right now, with the final stages of the animal sanctuary being completed, the celebration of Varien's fifth year as king coming up in two weeks, and her quickly approaching due date soon after. Excitement thrilled my chest at all the good things going for her recently, but that didn't stop me from missing my best friend.

I rounded the corner and stopped halfway down the hall. Shifting the dress in my arms, I reached up and knocked on the door to Asria's sitting room.

I didn't have to wait very long before the door handle rattled and then the entire thing opened. Asria stood on the other side, and when our eyes met, a bright smile pulled to her face. "Kes! Hey."

"Hey." I lifted the dress. "I come bearing a gift."

"Another one?"

I laughed as she let me step in. "Yes. It is my job, you know. But this one is different. I was sort of estimating but I think it'll work." I walked over to her sofa and laid the maroon dress out flat, smoothing the wrinkles.

"Estimating what?" she asked, siding up next to me.

"Since you're due in only a few more weeks"—I shot her an elated grin—"I made this as something you can wear afterward while you're... well, you know, still losing some of the baby fat."

She snorted with a playful eye roll. "Thank you."

I nudged her with a chuckle. "You know what I mean."

"I do." She ran a hand down the bodice. "It's beautiful, as always. I love the neckline."

"Me too! I thought it would be something a little different." I'd opted for a high neck with a small diamond shaped keyhole in the front. Around it, I'd sewn individual ruby beads, as I also did around the seam for the sleeves.

"When I get on my feet after having them, this will be the first thing I wear."

"I'm sure. It won't be just your robe for a couple weeks after," I teased.

She looked away, pretending to not know what I was talking about. But I knew her. She was going to opt for anything comfortable over fashionable after the baby came, most likely for a while. This was just for when she was required to go to any events, like when the baby was dedicated. With her personality in mind, I'd made sure to make it as comfortable as possible, too, along with being flattering.