Chapter Sixteen

3rd Person POV

The next few weeks went by faster than anyone expected. Felix and Jisung informed their partners of the news and neither of them took it as well as Laney did. But they all understood that there was nothing that could be done. And despite the fears that ran through them, they still gave their unwavering support for their significant others.

But that didn't stop the questions from coming and going unanswered. That didn't stop the fear that gripped Ollie by the throat when they thought about everything that could go wrong. How would the world treat Changbin now that he was in what was considered an unconventional relationship?

The same happened with the others, too, all being born Americans. Laney and Jade were mixed, half Caucasian and half African American. Bonnie was Caucasian but she was also different due to the birthmark she was born with. A lot of people thought it was interesting, but everyone saw the looks she'd get from people when she was out in public.

The relationships were going swimmingly, with little to no issues. They spent as much time together as they could when the boys had free time, but with the debut came more dance practices and more things that had to be perfected. They didn't just have to worry about dancing to keep up with their physiques. The boys had to perfect their choreography and the two maknaes chose to take extra vocal lessons.

Chan, Changbin, Jisung, and Minho spent less time sweating in the gym and more time sweating in front of a huge wall-to-wall mirror. None of them were prepared for the world they were about to step in, but they worked their asses off anyway.

Today Chan, Changbin, Jisung, and Felix were headed to the company to report their relationships to JYP. They wanted to make sure that before they stepped foot on stage, their relationships wouldn't be cause for concern. All four were aware that their relationships didn't conform to social norms and while none of them cared, they knew that not everyone felt the same.

Chan walked ahead of his three younger brothers as they were ushered into JYP's office. Chan and Changbin took the two chairs that sat before the desk while Felix and Jisung stood behind them. The two unconsciously reached for each other and clasped hands as they mentally prepared themselves for how badly this conversation could go.

"You asked to speak with me?" JYP asked as he clasped his hands and laid them on top of his desk.

Chan reached down into the pit of his stomach for all the confidence he could muster before he locked eyes with the male before him. He wasn't scared of the man, nor was he worried about what JYP had to say about him being in a relationship, but the man held some power, and if things didn't go well... "Yes, sir. There is something we'd all like to talk to you about." He looked at his younger brothers before turning back to JYP.

"I'm just going to jump right into it. The four of us-" he motioned to himself and the three that accompanied him "-are in relationships. We felt it was necessary to inform you of these relationships before we go on tour."

The other three males all nodded in agreement as Chan continued, knowing what JYP's first question would be. "Before you ask, this has been going on for months now. Jisung and Felix started their relationships first. And Changbin and I started ours not long after."

JYP nodded his head before silence stretched through the air. He was lost in thought, all the different scenarios playing out in his head as he tried to process the fact that not only were half of his top boy group in relationships, but they had kept it a secret for some time now. With the public debut coming up, it was a more crucial time than ever and if anyone found out that half of them were no longer single, it could cause an uproar.

"As happy as I am for all four of you, there is much that needs to be discussed. I need to know who these people are and we need to have them all properly vetted, first of all. Secondly, we need to discuss how to proceed."