Act 13: Clash of Vengeance

The dense forest of Mount Natagumo was ablaze with the ferocity of combat. The air was thick with the smell of scorched earth and the sound of clashing steel. Amidst the towering trees and under the watchful gaze of the moon, Kage and Kazan were already entwined in a vicious dance of death.

Kage's movements were a blur, his form barely discernible as he darted around Kazan. The demon's unstoppable fury of magma pillars forced the slayer to stay on the move. "Is this all you've got? Your friends put up a better fight," taunted Kazan, her voice a serpentine hiss amidst the roar of flames.

Kage's response was a snarl before he took a small breath. "Shadow Breathing Third Form: Nightfall Dash," he mumbled. Then, he became nearly invisible, a ghostly figure darting in and out of visibility as he dashed toward Kazan.

Seeing the approaching slayer, Kazan merely laughed. "You finally come to me," she said before grinning. In an instant, Kazan's mastery over magma turned the battlefield into a hellscape.

Molten rock geysers burst forth in a deadly display of power. Thankfully, Kage navigated this inferno with unparalleled agility, and his every dodge and weave was a testament to his resolve.

As he got closer, Kage's twin blades glinted in the moonlight before he swung up. However, Kazan saw this attack coming and jumped over his strike. "Not even close," she taunted. She followed up with a down kick, from which Kage rolled away.

Sliding away, Kage saw the scorched earth where Kazan's foot had connected. "Remember the last time this happened?" she asked as Kage's expression darkened. "Poor girl didn't see it coming and turned into grilled meat," Kazan cackled before tapping her chin.

"What was her name again?" wondered Kazan before laughing loudly. "Who cares, right?" she asked as Kage's grip tightened around his swords. "...her name was Mariya," mumbled Kage but only heard Kazan's laughter.

"That's the one!" she said before smirking at the slayer. "But to me..." lingered Kazan as a vicious look appeared in her eyes. "She was just another meal," she said as Kage gritted his teeth angrily.

"But since you want to remember them again, why don't I help you?" asked Kazan as her hands reddened. "Blood Demon Art..." she mumbled as Kage's eyes widened in remembrance. "I-Im burning! Please make it stop!" he remembered the cries of another fallen comrade. "Faran..." called Kage as he saw Kazan draw her fist back.

"Scorch Eruption!" she shouted before a fist of pure magma expanded toward Kage. Narrowing his eyes, Kage tightened his grip and rushed at Kazan. He danced through the flames as Kazan cackled at his resolve. "You're as slippery as ever," taunted Kazan, her voice echoing through the trees like a fire crackling.

"I remember your friends crying for mercy in their last moments..." lingered Kazan as Kage closed in on her. "Will you do the same?" she jeered as Kage's gaze hardened. "The only cries will be yours. I will see to that," he retorted, slicing his blades and cutting Kazan's midsection off.

However, she didn't seem slightly worried and only grinned at the slayer. "Your determination reeks of desperation. Is that what fuels the likes of you?" she spat, swinging her magma-coated fists. Thankfully, Kage managed to back away just in time not to be turned into ashes.