Act 8: Trial by Fire

*Clash*

*Clash*

*Clash*

The sound of swords clashing resonated through the temple as Shirayuki and Ayuna clashed with Kagero, who was smirking at them. "Come on, slayers. I'm sure you can do better than this," he taunted as his swords gained flames again, making the two slayers sweat at the intense heat.

'This is too much of a restrained area,' realised Ayuna, side-glancing at Shirayuki. 'We also need to ensure those two are safe,' she thought. Looking behind them, she could see the two youngers hugging each other, making Ayuna furrow her brows. 'They look similar to Shirayuki. Are they related?' she wondered before Shirayuki gained her attention.

"Akumu-san, could I ask you something?" she said, making Ayuna hum. "I will distract him while you make sure they are safe," she said, making Ayuna scoff. "You want to fight him alone again?" she asked before stepping forward.

"Let me handle him while you ensure your family is safe," she said. Before Shirayuki could say anything, Kagero appeared before the two. "Don't think I will let you do as you please!" he said, bringing his swords down.

Thankfully, Ayuna managed to block him. "Shirayuki, you better move now," she groaned through gritted teeth before pushing Kagero away. Taking the chance, Shirayuki grabbed the two youngsters and ran outside the room.

Now alone with Kagero, Ayuna smirked at the demon. "Seem like you couldn't stop them anyways," she said, making Kagero laugh at her. "You think you should be by yourself against me?" he asked but only got a hearty laugh from Ayuna, making him raise an eyebrow in confusion.

Grabbing her third sword, she settled it in her mouth and took hold of her other two blades. "Something you don't seem to understand is that I'm not alone with you..." she lingered slightly muffled due to her sword as Kagero could see a glint in her eyes.

"You are alone with me," she clarified, making Kagero smirk as the flames on his swords grew wilder. "Let's see if you can entertain me more than the Kazemaru girl," he said before the two ran at each other and clashed.

~~~~~oOo~~~~~

Running to ensure the two were safe, Shirayuki heard a part of the ceiling give up, making her grab the two and roll away. Then, closing her eyes, she focused her hearing, trying to find the other residents. "Shirayuki-san?" the girl called when Shirayuki stopped moving before Shirayuki stood up and smiled at them.

"I found the way out. So I will make sure you are safe before returning," she said, but Seiji grabbed her arm. "You said you were looking for father, too?" he asked, making Shirayuki nod. "D-did you find anything?" he asked, but Shirayuki shook her head.

Lowering his head, Seiji had tears in his eyes before feeling the hands of his sister. "I'm sure we will find him one day. Don't lose hope," she said, making him raise his head. "Shizuyo-neesan..." he mumbled, seeing his sister smile at Shirayuki.