Act 1: Winter is Coming

Demons were creatures that parents used to scare and warn their kids of the danger of the night. However, unknown to any of them, these creatures existed and fed themselves on humans. Thankfully, an anonymous organisation, the Demon Slayer Corps, fought these demons for centuries to protect humanity.

The protectors of humankind, or demon slayers, fight the demons in their favourable environments during the night. This war had been going on for centuries, with more casualties on humanity's side, but they still hoped it would end.

During the winter in Rikubetsu, one of the coldest areas of Japan, a baby was crying. "Congratulations, Chifuyu-sama, you have a baby girl," informed the nurse, earning a smile from Chifuyu. "Can I see her?" she questioned, making the nurse nod before handing her the newborn. "She is beautiful..." she whispered, caressing her daughter's cheek.

Upon contact, the child seemed to calm down and look at her mother. The two already share similar features with the same white hair and blue eyes. "What would you name her?" wondered the nurse, making Chifuyu hum. "I will have to wait for my family to announce it," she informed, making the nurse nod before they heard rapid footsteps.

Looking toward the door, they saw it burst open with three new arrivals. "Are we too late?" questioned a man looking around the room. "You arrived just in time, Shuhei," smiled Chifuyu, making the three sigh in relief. Shuhei was a buff, pale-skinned man with dark hair and yellow eyes who wore a dark sleeveless shirt, black pants and boots.

"I told you we were on time!" said a cheerful voice belonging to a young girl with pale skin, short white hair and grey eyes. She wore a black and white cap, a black crop top shirt under an opened white vest, black shorts and boots.

"Youkina..." mumbled a voice on her right, making Youkina chuckle nervously. "Fine! Fine! I said nothing," she laughed, making the other person sigh. "How are you feeling, mother?" questioned the person, a slightly older version of Youkina. She had pale skin, long white hair fading to black at the tips, bleu eyes and wore a white and black dress with dark boots.

"I'm a bit tired, but I'm fine, Asahi," reassured Chifuyu, making the now-named Asahi nod. "Have you decided on her name?" wondered Shuhei, making Chifuyu shake her head. "I was waiting for you all," she informed. Then, nodding, he approached her, making the baby in her hands focus on him. "...she looks exactly like you," he smiled.

He then put his hand on her head, earning a laugh from the newborn. "Shirayuki," he said, making them look at him. "I like it," smiled Chifuyu, looking back at her newborn daughter.

"I can't wait to teach her how to climb!" cheered Youkina before Asahi hit her lightly in the back of the head. "Don't go teach her your reckless ways," she warned, making Youkina chuckle. "Why not? I will be careful, I promise," she reassured, earning a glare from Asahi. "I said no," she replied.

The two adults smiled at the interaction before the nurse gained their attention. "Chifuyu-sama, you should try to get some rest," she said, making her nod. "It would be for the best," she said before Shuhei leaned and kissed his wife and daughter's forehead. "Get some rest then," he smiled, making her nod before they all left the room.

On that day, Shirayuki Kazemaru was born, the third and youngest daughter of the Kazemaru Family. The wealthy family of the north was also known for its mysterious connection with winter.