Act 6: The Last Recital

Shirayuki closed her eyes, focusing on her other senses as she easily blocked the demon's attacks. Despite being unable to hear, she could sense the demon's movements through the heat emanating from its body. As the demon swung its arm at her, she dodged to the side and countered with a swift strike from her sword.

'Its attacks are powerful but predictable,' thought Shirayuki, analysing the demon's movements. Again, she dodged and countered the demon's attacks with her fluid and precise swordplay. The demon growled in frustration as Shirayuki continued to evade its attacks. "What's wrong? Can't hit me?" she taunted, a small smile on her lips.

She was enjoying the fight, relishing the opportunity to put her training to the test. Next, as the demon lunged at her again, Shirayuki sidestepped and sliced off one of its arms.

The demon howled in pain and tried to escape, but Shirayuki didn't give it a chance to recover. "Ice Breathing Second Form: Frozen Trail," she said before running at the demon and raising her sword. However, the demon fought back with renewed ferocity and released an ear-shattering howl that slowed Shirayuki.

She was dazed, and it gave the demon time to attack her. But she anticipated its moves before it made them, her senses honed to a razor's edge. Smiling, Shirayuki blocked its arms and tilted her head. "I told you I don't need my hearing to beat you," she reminded, making the demon growl.

"You humans are so annoying!" shouted the demon, swinging its arms and making Shirayuki jump over it. "I don't know why, but it felt mean the way you said it," she said as she twirled her sword before giving the demon a closed-eyed smile.

"Since you're a singer, I can give you something to sing about," she said, making the demon furrow its brows in confusion before it saw Shirayuki take a deep breath. "Ice Breathing Sixth Form:..." she lingered, but the demon wouldn't let her prepare her attack as it rushed at her.

Before it could land a hit, Shirayuki disappeared. "Chilling Haze Dance," she said as she dashed around the demon, leaving afterimages of herself. She cut the demon around without stopping before appearing behind it, still smiling. "It was a nice fight," she said, bringing her sword down.

However, when her sword was about to hit, it stopped, making her raise an eyebrow in confusion. 'Is something blocking it?' she wondered before hearing the demon's voice. "Blood Demon Art: Resonance Barrier," it said. Then, Shirayuki was pushed back, but she landed gracefully before tilting her head.

"What was this? What did you do?" she asked, but the demon didn't answer and just growled at her before crouching. Humming, she smiled at the demon as it rushed at her with a speed boost. "Blood Demon Art: Vibrant Sono!" he said, bringing its arms down and making her block it.

'It went faster?' she wondered before ducking under its arms. 'And its attacks are stronger,' she realised before hearing huffing from the demon. 'Oh? Is it angry at me?' she wondered before smiling. 'Maybe Shiratori is right...' she lingered, taking a different stance. 'I took Tengen-senpai's cockiness,' she thought, jumping over the demon.

"Ice Breathing Tenth Form: Frostbite Symphony," she said, slashing multiple times in a musical pattern. When her attacks landed, it cut the demon's limbs, forcing it to jump away, but it soon realised something. 'I can't regenerate?' it asked. Then, looking down at its arms, it saw that they had frost on them, causing its eyes to widen.