❋ Chapter 27 ❋

❋ ITS HAPPENING ❋

❋ ITS HAPPENING ❋

Everyone's eyes were on me as soon as the door behind him shut. To make matters worse Gracie stood up and said she'll go check if he was ok. My patience was running low with this girl. She barely knew him to be this close.

Her father gave her a stern look. "Sit down, Gracie." He spoke lowly under his breath.

"Go after him honey. He needs you." Scott's mom said and I excused myself before finally escaping the tension in the room.

Immediately chills ran up my spine as the coldness of the night touched my skin. "Scotty?" I said when I noticed he sat down in the porch stairs.

I sat down beside him when he didn't say anything even if I had to freeze my ass off. "You spoke to her so freely." He said, a few seconds after I sat.

Was he bothered that I was being polite to her?

"And that bothered you..." I asked, suggestively. He looked down at his intertwined fingers then proceeding to look up at the sky again.

I'll take that as a yes.

"I'm sorry." I said after the minute he didn't answer.

"You shouldn't be. I'm the problem, Sky. Don't you see that? I'm bitter. I just can't get myself to be nice to her. Or even look at her." he pushed the hair on his forehead back in frustration. He was spiraling.

He was hurting a whole deal. I can't imagine how much he is hurting. It hurt when I knew the reason my parents had separated and that my own father was in jail because of it. Now to imagine that who you thought were your parents weren't but your aunt. It's a whole level of betrayal to acknowledge.

"I know your pain, Scotty. Trust me." I gripped his clenched fist in mine and for the life of me squeezed. I laid my chin on his shoulder as he looked ahead of us toward the night sky, brimming with stars. He looked so darn angelic, gazing. I can't believe we were friends for long and never...we're just together. It hurt me to see him hurt. It was a whole level of hurt when someone you love is hurting. "You just feel betrayed. That's how I felt when my mom spoke truth about my dad that she never once mentioned to me. But now look at me. Talking to my dad, hanging out, messaging like if he was a long lost friend." Scott laughed and it was like music to my ears.

I kissed his cheek and continued to look at him. It might've looked weird but it didn't feel like it to me. "Talk to her, Scotty. Make amends. Don't hold a grudge. Just take a moment to reflect on her being your mom. It's not like you're going to leave your parents and come live with her. It's all about relationship..." I reassured.

Scott turned fully to me and gripped me to sit on top of his lap. "Ow!" I winced as my ass laid on his hard legs.

"I love you, baby. I don't know what I would've done without you here. I probably would've been on the road back home, hoping to get to you." I grinned, playfully biting his earlobe.