✽ Chapter 9 ✽

❁CONFRONTATIONS AND GOODBYES❁

I grabbed my stuff from the backseat of my car and then joined everyone who was already waiting for me. Scott didn't even bother glancing at me until we began walking. It only lasted a second before Sterling said something and grabbed his attention.

"I had one of the worst headaches on Saturday morning. It was unacceptable." Gabby groaned.

"You guys wanted to play that game," I scolded when we stopped in front of my locker.

"Yeah, I probably shouldn't have suggested it," Gabby said, lowly. I knew she still held some of the guilt on her shoulders. It made me feel guilty too.

I turned around, looking at across the hallway where the guy was talking in front of Sterling's locker. "Stop feeling guilty, ok? What did I tell you Saturday." I gave her shoulder a little squeeze and she nodded.

"You guys talked Saturday?"

"Yes, but someone doesn't seem to get it through their head that she shouldn't feel guilty." I raised an eyebrow and Clara laughed.

"Come on, Gabby. You shouldn't let this boost you down." Clara said.

"Maybe I should apologize to Scott too, don't you think?" Gabby suggested as she scratched her shoulder in discomfort at the suggestion.

"Gabby!" I yelled at her. "Hell no. What the hell." she looked relieved instantly.

"Good, because I didn't want to." Clara gave her an are-you-kidding look before we began walking to our first class.

"She is something."

It was the moment of truth.

I contemplated saying it now or just telling them when I was at Oregon tonight, but that would be a coward of me to even do so I needed to put my big girlie panties on and say it.

We were at our usual spot at the back of the school on the grass when a blonde came over with some of her friends and smirked at Scott.

Please, not now, blondie.

Now that I'm seeing her, she went to one of my classes. Her name was Olive, I believe.

"Hey, Scotty." She said in her high-pitched voice. Scott looked over his shoulder toward her and he gave her a polite smile and lifted his hand in a salute.

Gabby and Clara gave distasteful looks. Sterling and Colten raised their eyebrows at Scott and then smirked.

Men.

I needed to get the words out before I got more infuriated.

"I need to speak to you guys," I spoke before anyone got more distracted. Everyone's attention came to me as I for once wanted them to.