❋ Chapter 2 ❋

❁LIES AND MEMORIES ❁

He was acting differently.

Just like I knew he would.

He barely spoke to me or even glanced at me. I don't understand why he felt the urge to act this way. He had officially broken the promise we made to each other almost a year ago. And it did hurt like hell.

It was like I wasn't getting my old Scotty back.

One thing I was right about was that he was like the shiny new thing now that he was back at school. People he knew from freshman and sophomore year welcomed him back and everything. I should be glad that he looked happy to be back but after everything, I don't know how I should feel. I had forgotten how liked he was by everyone. Especially since he sometimes used to come right after school to play basketball with boys at gym class with Colten and Sterling. I used to join. But now I don't know how comfortable that will be.

"You're like famous now that you're back," Clara said as we sat at our usual lunch table. Scott only smiled and continued to take bites of his chips and guacamole.

"I'm kind of jealous," Colten said earning a smack in the head from Scott. He laughed and shook his head.

Sterling looked at us and raised his eyebrows. I knew what the gesture was about. He looked a little better than yesterday. Something wanted to tell me it was about the kiss, but I completely doubted that since he barely spoke to me now.

If he felt, he shouldn't speak to me after yesterday then I wouldn't confront him about it. Even if it stung a little I would give him his space as long as I could at least.

That sounds so fucking dumb.

I hated how immature he was being.

"God, I hate Ms. Johnson so bad. She is so fucking OCD. She had me put my blues and pinks of sticky notes away because "Yellow is more educational wise" like what the hell." I grinned at Clara, and I shook my head. I had Ms. Johnson last year and she can be extra OCD. Everything in her classroom was in color order and every single paper on her desk was neatly stacked without a single paper out of place.

"Well, good luck you're going to have to deal with that the entire school year," I said, biting onto a carrot. Her eyes widened in horror.

"Hell no. I'm changing classes." she scoffed.

"Babe, she can't be that bad," Colten said.

"Try being in her class for a day then we'll see what you think."

"No, thanks."

"Exactly."

"Hey, Scott! I'm glad your back!" Tray, one of the guys we played basketball with after school came behind Scott. Scott stood up to give him one of those manly handshakes.