4.

Zuri-

Something that I never wanted. Someone whom I never knew existed for me. It was there, right in front of me.

He was staring at me with his light brown eyes which were turning extraordinarily black. And he growled, "mate."

"Mate." I replied back. My voice barely audible but loud enough to be heard by him and my parents near me. I breathed out in confusion. Was this the feeling you get when you find your mate? But.. was I supposed to have a mate?

Miracles do happen. Don't you think?

My wolf was so happy. I felt her doing a roll on her back. But it was all opposite for me. A mate was the last thing I thought I'd get at least in this life. And I am scared. I don't know if I was freaking out or relieved.

Whatever happened years ago was stupid and scary. People say it out of fear so we won't repeat the same mistake. I don't believe a thing about witches in the past war. And moreover, about my curse. Fortunately, the curse didn't stated that I will never have a mate. But... It's surreal.

Right now, I was in a dilemma. My parents were looking back and forth between me and the man to whom I just growled 'mate' at. His wolf almost took over. His eyes... They had an animalistic hunger in them which belong to the animal inside him. His wolf. But it was not the same with me.

I felt numb.

My wolf was clearly jumping with a grin on her face.

I told you we'll find a mate someday.

This.. this is impossible.

It was... Before today.

I replied null. I have nothing, absolutely nothing to talk back. The people around me were either horrified or surprised. No one, not even moon goddess herself, guessed even I can have a mate.

It's good actually. At least now I can brag about me being a normal werewolf. If it sounds assuring.

But they won't believe. I know. They won't believe a girl like me have a mate like him. He was handsome. Dark brown hairs with little curls spreading on his forehead. Light brown eyes clearly showing his dilated pupils. And a tall, muscular built. I would look a baby in front of him. He was around 6 feet and here I was, 5'3.

Even if I ever thought of having a mate, I could've never imagined such a handsome mate.

All that I ever wanted was peace.

But I guess it's never meant to be like that. Nothing is normal with me. It's either pain or death. And I don't want anyone else to pay the price that I had to pay.

So, I ran.

I heard Chuck calling my name out but it's so difficult for me to look back. I glided on my foot in hurry, not wanting my wolf to sense the bond and take me back to him, her mate.

I ran into the woods, deeper and deeper. Adrenaline pumping in my system as I jumped over rocks and wood lying on ground. The soft grass tickling my feet and I just noticed I was barefoot. Great.

I suddenly heard a roar and stopped. It was in front of me. The volcano. I saw smoke rising from it. And that's when I figured out, she's awake and struggling to be released.

------

She's awake. Fuck! She's awake.

No one knows, no-fucking-one knows what she is. For them, the volcano is a pain in ass but I know, it's the most dangerous thing here.

A person I hate the most.

The witch.

People worshipped her. Our pack was named after her, Dark Angel. Not an angel though. A witch with dark powers. As I said, no one knows what she is. But as for me, I am her-experiment. I am cursed by her. A curse that can never be reversed, something that people hate about me. Something that I hated about me.

And I am sure even he will hate it about me.

It's been long since I left my place. Mom would be worried. I should head back. And all the dirt in my legs, ewww.

Let's take a warm bath, what say?

Sure. I also need to calm myself down.

You need a cold bath then.

We laughed. I am fine as long as she's fine.

-----