O8.

FATHER AND DAUGHTER, STARING at each other. "[name]? what are you doing in such a dangerous place?"

   "my real question, dad, is what are you doing here?" she replied, holding up the silver oracle. her father sweatdropped. "you told me you were a company secretary. i've been to your workplace. are you a double agent?"

   this child is too smart, he thought nervously. how did she read the situation so quickly? the other gunmen had gone silent. dazai turned to face them, wondering why they haven't fired yet.

   "what's this about the word 'dad'?" he asked, noticing a man and the girl staring.

"we can talk about this when we get home, sweetheart," said her dad.

   "you won't have a home to return to if you don't explain what's going on!" she yelled, releasing a layer of the anger she's bottled up ever since she had to tend to dazai's wounds. it surprised everyone, even herself. the girl never got angry. not even in the most impatient of situations. and if she did, it was never around others. getting angry was dangerous. it slurred your mind, ruined relationships, and harmed others.

   when she was met with only silence, she nearly stamped her foot on the concrete. the sheep king watched in wonder.

did she really volunteer to join this hell of a place? i feel almost bad.

almost.

   he and hirotsu were locked into a battle. "give it up, hirotsu," said dazai, after he'd recovered from the small amount of shock that just coursed through his body. "he controls the gravity of anything he touches. it's not a good match for your skill."

   the port mafia squad fired their guns. chuuya reversed the bullets and sent it flying back toward them. the gunmen watched in surprise. "threaten me all you want, old man. i'm not scared," said chuuya. "guns don't work on me. i'm just gonna kick all your asses and go home."

   i want to go home too, she thought. if only i had a real one to return to. she watched as the bullets pierced the men, her father dodging at the last split second. the men are like baby ducks. helpless without their mother, the mother being their guns. can a single one even fight?

   hirotsu managed to grab chuuya by the hood. "got you."

   "huh?" chuuya said confusedly. "your skill won't work on me." right after those words were spoken, dazai pressed his hand against the ginger's neck.

"we'll see about that."

he looked like a monster whom hell unleashed upon the enemy.

like the cerberus had gone rabid.

   chuuya was blown back with a ray of purple light as hirotsu unleashed his ability. unfortunately, it also hit dazai.

   dazai crashed back into a wall and it alerted everyone. the girl eyed chuuya cautiously, before taking time to admire him. he was skilled, even by mafia standards, and he was one of the gifted. she didn't have an ability. maybe she could run away from the damned mafia and join the sheep. yeah, i'll do just that.

   while the gunmen and hirotsu's eyes were on dazai, making sure he was alright, she quietly slipped into the corner of an alleyway and gestured for chuuya to come. chuuya, always cautious, accepted hesitantly.

   "what do you want, mafia girl." in his palm was a red ball encased with energy.

   "you have an organization, right?" [name] replied. "right. so, the sheep. i'd like to escape from the mafia."

his eyes widened slightly. "so you really were forced to join."

"yes," she replied. "so? what's your response?"

"i still can't trust you," he admitted. "but, if you're serious about joining, find me right here at around midnight."

"my parents will be angry."

   "just... sneak out or something! you joined the mafia already, and apparently, your damned dad is also in it. he'll find an excuse," said chuuya. his lashes were pretty. he was pretty.

   "i'll see you." when the situation had died down, she went toward the main scene again. dazai eyed her suspiciously when she was walking near chuuya.

this was expected.

   "we have a traitor in our midst," he said. "prepare your guns."

dazai pointed to [name]. this was like the school shooting.

   she froze at the guns, and the fear trickled through her body like syrup.

no.

not again.

   why do i have to work to please these people in a place where i don't belong?!