O9.

RELIEF COURSED THROUGH HER body. dazai paused as if seeing her for the first time, noticing her shaky fingers. "fine," he said irritably. "run if you want. you're better off dead."

"i'll do just that," she replied, getting up and leaving with chuuya.

   while the two were slowing disappearing, only dazai, hirotsu, and the mafia squads were left. the brunette smirked slightly.

"fire."

   the sound of bullets. one slightly grazed her cheek. [name] whirled around and saw the mafia squad aiming at her and the ginger.

of course. they never fully let traitors off...

chuuya jumped in and kicked the bullets back at them.

   dazai walked up to her, placed a cloth against her mouth, and she only saw darkness shortly afterward.

┕━☽【❖】☾━┙

   "welcome to the port mafia, chuuya nakahara. welcome back, [name]. even though you tried to escape, you still managed to run into our clutches, hm?" mori's chuckle rang through the room. they both were bound with golden, transparent cubes, chuuya having extra chains on his feet. the intimidating man binding them was decked out in winter clothing... in the middle of the summer. he was shaking slightly.

   dazai walked in shortly, the door creaking open. he trod over to where the teenagers were bound, and smirked slightly at them. in a mocking way. she childishly stuck her tongue out at him, making the brunette frown. "ah, dazai," said mori. "i've been expecting you. chuuya,"

"...how would you like to work for the port mafia?"

"what?!"

   in a matter of seconds, the floor was revamped in a destroyed fashion, and the ginger gifted them a deadly glare. randou was already gone.

   over there, she thought, the window. the boss's office is on the first floor... i think i'll be safe if i jump out. but mori's quick, and dazai can easily drag me back in. i'll have to convince chuuya for this one, no way in hell am i running without him.

   [name] mentally facepalmed in realization. former track captain and for what? of course i can run!

   she started to signal to chuuya, her eyes pointing towards the window. at least he seemed to get the message. however, him and mori were doing an information exchange: help them investigate the previous boss, and he gets information on arahabaki. is he crazy?! bargaining with the port mafia...

   "you two done?" she interrupted. dazai cast her a long, silent look at her childish antic.

   "you can leave now," he said. she shut the door behind her nervously, as if they would force her back into the room, but to her surprise nothing happened. [name] went to the gunrunner's training grounds to look for her father. there he was, shooting targets out of boredom.

"hey there, kiddo." truly an old man.

   "i'm sorry, dad, for my outlash earlier." her father blinked in surprise. his daughter was taking the time to interact with him, like when they were younger. nowadays she just shut herself in her room, and he was worried. this was a breath of fresh air.

   "it's alright. let's go to the sweet shop, shall we? not a word of our occupations to your mother," he said, getting up.

"melon pan?" [name] replied curiously.

"always."

she smiled gently. life was good, so far.

   just have to find a way to get me and dad out of here, and hopefully mom's hangover is cured. i do care about them.