Chapter 16: Ungrateful brothers

The leader's final move had been a desperate one. He had signaled the hidden assassin to destroy the covey, and in a blink of an eye, it had fallen off the cliff, leaving behind nothing but smoke and flames. The leader cackled with delight.

But as he turned to face Feng Yuansheng, he noticed something peculiar. Feng Yuansheng's expression remained placid, devoid of any emotion. The leader's eyes darted back towards the cliff, trying to catch a glimpse of the fallen covey.

"You are mistaken," Feng Yuansheng said calmly, breaking the leader's concentration. "Your mission have failed."

The leader furrowed his brow, puzzled. "What are you talking about? The covey is gone. Your nephew is dead."

Just then, a helicopter landed nearby, and a figure emerged from within. It was Captain Liang Jun. "Sir," he announced. "Young master Yun is safe. He's already at the airport with secretary Li Ming."

The leader's eyes widened in disbelief. "That's impossible," he stammered.

Liang Jun's expression remained stoic. "It's true. And now, we have orders to capture all the members of the Shadow Order present here."

The leader watched in shock as the military swarmed the area, apprehending each individual one by one.

As the leader watched his men get taken down one by one, he felt utterly defeated. Turning to Feng Yuansheng, he asked, "How did you manage all of this?". He wondered how they had failed so miserably.

Feng Yuansheng smirked and turned around to leave.

Liang Hao struggled against the ropes that bound him, his eyes wild with desperation as he called out to his brother Liang Jun.

"Big brother Jun, please! You have to untie me!" he pleaded; his voice strained.

Captain Liang Jun's face remained stoic as he regarded his brother. "I don't know who you are," he said coldly, turning his attention to the soldiers under his command. "Tie him back up."

Liang Hao's heart sank as he watched his brother turn away. So heartless!!

The mission had been successful and they had successfully captured the Shadow order. Originally, Liang Hao and his team were enough to subdue and capture the assassins, but it would have alerted the enemy. So, they had to play the part of becoming captives to delay the enemy and give Young Master Yun enough time to reach the airport safely.

The Shadow Order were the notorious group back at their country. They had come all the way to the Nation A, to kill Yun Cheng. The military had to interfere, else it would have turn into an international dispute.

Meanwhile, Feng Yuansheng's bodyguards stood at the ready, waiting for Liang Hao's signal to take

Liang Hao swiftly freed himself from the ropes, and his men followed suit. They stood at attention, awaiting their leader's orders.

"Clean up this mess," Liang Hao commanded, gesturing to the wreckage of the destroyed convoy. "And let's get out of here before any more of those Shadow Order shows up."

As his men went to work, Liang Hao couldn't help but angry at his big brother. This was the first time they had worked together on a mission, and instead of acknowledging him, his brother had turned his back on him. What a self-centred jerk!! Hmph!!

***

Feng Yuansheng reached at the airport. As he made his way into the airport, he was greeted by his nephew, Yun Cheng. The young boy was ecstatic to see his uncle and leaped onto him, clinging to his leg like an accessory.

"Third Uncle, you are back!", Yun Cheng latched onto him, refusing to let go. Feng Yuansheng picked him up and headed inside.

Just then, Feng Yuansheng's phone rang, and he answered it, annoyed by the interruption. It was his older brother, Feng Yuanshuai, on the other end. "Is everything done?" Feng Yuanshuai asked.