4 - Princess

☻♡

☻♡

4 - Princess

Like her boyfriend, Julie also didn't enjoy going to work. So once she got off after a long Wednesday day, she decided to treat herself to a sweet treat at a local coffee shop.

She stepped inside, going to the counter to quickly order her usual: a blueberry muffin and an iced caramel macchiato.

Today was a little more busy than usual, so she quietly took a seat and went onto her phone while she waited for her order to be finished. She usually stayed to herself and out of the spotlight, so she didn't expect three men to seemingly appear out of no where and start talking to her.

"Are these seats taken?"

She quickly looked up, shaking her head as her way of being polite. She wasn't rude and was going to say they couldn't sit there. She did feel slightly awkward though, since they all sat with her and were looking at her.

"Not to be weird or anything, but do you happen to be Julie?" The blonde man asked.

Her eyes narrowed in confusion, "Um yeah I am. How do you know me?"

"We know Michael. We worked with him the other day at the studio and saw a picture of you. He told us about you too." The brunette said, making Julie instantly feel less on guard at the mention of her boyfriend. Unknowing to her it was a complete lie.

"Are you the ones who have him making a song from scratch?"

"Oh so are we his new favorite clients then, since he's talking about us?" The blonde asked teasingly.

She laughed, "It's just new to him. I know his clients are usually strict about what they want. This is giving him artist freedom, which I know he's enjoying. That's why it's taking him a little while to finish up."

"Oh that's no worry. He could take as long as he needs. It's a whole song." The hazel eyed man said, "What do you do for work?"

Like they didn't know already.

"Hold up now. I'm not going to just tell you all about me. I don't even know you. What if you're these insane stalkers or something?" She asked with a grin, obviously joking. But she didn't know she was close to the truth.

"I'm Ashton." Ashton chuckled, "This is Calum and Luke."

"So now that you know us... tell us about you." Luke grinned.

"Nothing too crazy to be honest. Definitely nothing interesting like Michael either. I'm a social worker."

"Hey, that is interesting—important interesting—and I bet it actually could get crazy sometimes."

"I don't know." She shrugged, "I do like that I'm helping people. It's just not the coolest job ever you know?"

"So you're not happy with what you're doing then?" Calum asked with a... darkness in his eyes Julie noticed. He asked in a way where he was expecting a truthful answer. It was truly hard to explain, but just by being around him—even the other two—Julie could sense something different about them. They were powerful.

"I'm okay with what I'm doing. It could be worse. It could be better."

"What if we told you we could give you a job? One a lot more interesting? And lot better paying?" Ashton asked.

She narrowed her eyes in confusion, "You want to give me a job? You don't even know me."

"But we know your name now, princess, and according to you that's how you know someone." Luke grinned, making her roll her eyes playfully. Just like how Michael reacted, she tried to not let the word 'princess' get to her. But she felt a blush start to erupt throughout her skin.

"What even is the job?"

"You could be our... assistant." Ashton answered.

"And I thought you said it would be a lot more interesting?" She crossed her arms and stared them down playfully.

"Oh wow. So are we boring to you then, princess?" Calum hummed out, sitting back in his chair like her slight insult didn't affect him.

"Hey I didn't say it." She grinned before she heard her name being called from the barista who just finished her order.

"Well it was nice meeting you, but I have to get going."

"Will you think about it?" Ashton asked, "We can pay you a lot more than what you currently make."

"You don't even know how much I make."

"And yet we know we can triple it." Calum smirked.

"Think about it." Luke said while he passed her a card. She didn't miss how their fingers brushed against each other's and how Luke's eyes flashed a dark glint to his eyes when they made eye contact, "And give us an answer by Friday."

"Friday?"

"We're having a little party and you and Michael are invited. We'll send Michael the details."

"I'll think about it." She said, placing the card in her bag, "I guess I'll see you on Friday then."

—•••—

Unedited 🙄

I just wrote a ton of chapters, so warning there's gonna be a lot of updates

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚