Chapter 2

Sunglasses left me with someone else from the building. She was wearing vet scrubs. Did she run out of clothes?

She brought me to a room, a beige and small room. There are two chairs facing each other. Random pictures of motivational and inspiring bullshit. A metal door with a card scanner to get in and no handle from the inside. I'm trapped in a room by myself. There is a camera in the corner.

What is with all the cameras? I'm not a murderer.

This chair is ugly as hell. The signs are stupid. This is all so stupid. The handle clicks, the door creaks open. The hinges need to be oiled. The dent at the top of the door frame is strange.

Once the door is opened there is the lady. She walks in, an overflowing scent of fear. Why are these people so scared?

She sits on the chair in front of me. The door closes. The atmosphere is unsettling. The lady looks at the clipboard she brought with her before breathing as if she has an audition.

"Hello, I'm Ms Teriyaki. How do you feel?"

That's a last name if I've ever heard one.

"Fine"

The right corner of her mouth twitches, her eyebrows rise. "Do you have any questions about anything?"

"No"

There's a thin tube in her left pocket. She stands up, walks to the door.

"Come with me"

I'm sick of these people telling me what to do. That's all people do. Order each other and others around. Bossy creatures.

Regardless, I get up. My feet are heavy, cemented. The air remains cold. Skin is still itchy. The door is opened.

I follow her through the building. It doesn't seem to end. The hallways are long, doors are closed, passing people are scared. Walls are white, lights are white. The entrance is more delightful than this.

Something feels familiar. This unconventional place isn't familiar. No one, nothing. Why do I feel this? It worsens with every step. My stomach hurts. Fuck that, it all hurts.

There's a double door ahead. Five feet.

It's opened.

There's a sunlit room from giant thick windows with strange glare. There's people. My kind. Many colors. Some look at the door, others don't. Never seen such colors in one spot. Shades of blue, purple, green, yellow, all that haven't been seen before.

The door closed. Fuck. Walk to a corner, avoiding noisy glares. What do I do here? What's the point of this giant room full of strangers? Hopefully they're not murderers. Is this jail? The jails on tv look nothing like this. It has to be a trap.

Where is Mart? Fucking people. There's voices. Too many. The sun is gorgeous. The ceiling high windows are. The air is cold. There's thin lines on the floor lighter than the original color. Dents in the walls. A huge crack across the windowed wall.

The shaking won't stop. A small child comes over. Children are horrible.

"Hi"

"Hi... Stop staring at me"

She tilts her head to the side "you blue"

"You're pink"

She watches her hands "I a stwawbewwy"

Weirdo.

Small fingers wrap around my thumb "come tall pewson"

"Why?"

"Becoz"

The little person walks somewhere in this queer room, taking me with. Too social here. Too many people. Everything has a different scent from the other. The sun is so bright. Too many windows. Too much space. 

The sun is so bright. It's always dark. Damn migraine. Damn everything. Why is the sun so fucking bright? The whispers are so loud. Footsteps too. Word for word, every sound, creak or movement can be heard.

The small child lets go, grabs another small child and pulls him closer.

"Twis me bwotew. See! We stwawbewwy becuz he- hiz gween eyes."

"Okay?"

The brother grabs her wrist, pulls her away. For a few minutes they talk another language. The small child comes back. 

"Sowwy for sthealin ywu"

"You aren't the only one" I sit on the floor in front of the child, the neck strain isn't worthy. "What is this place? Who are these people?"

She looks around. Whispers, "Twis fow people no one wants. We stay hewe fowevew an'- an' tey lie to us and fowget abot us" She turns around "Zhanshi"

The brother walks over. "What?"

"How long hewe?"

"I dunno. Long?"

Why the fuck are these kids talking to me? There's too many fuckers here with this bright ass sun.

"Why the hell am I here?"

"You ugly"

Little bitch. Man, fuck this. Let me go home.

"Jiayi! Don't say that"

The small child rolls her eyes, wobbles towards the ridiculous wall of windows. She slaps her hands on the thick glass. It hits the metal, the sound ricochets for seconds horridly loud. The brother picks her up. Gives 'fuck off' faces to the ones giving the girl dirty faces. The small child seems happy with herself for pissing off half the room.

Do I keep talking to these children or leave? What is the point of this room?

One guy is passed out on a table, a group is playing some version of beer pong with random shit. It's so quiet for a room of 40 people.

Big ass room with nothing here or no information. Mart said we'd die here. Don't wanna die. That shit will kill me.

I have to get out of here.