Pedri Gonzalez (FCBarcelona) - Come With Me

Requested: by @httpswiftie on tumblr
Prompts: 3) "I'll stay with you as long as you need me to."
                 4) "I trust you more than anybody."
Warnings: nothing

Pedri and Y/n sat on the beach enjoying the warmth of the sun on their faces. As Y/n sat doodling on her sketchpad, Pedro sat telling her all these random things he remembered or anything that came to his mind. Laughter and shared secrets had become the soundtrack of their friendship, making moments like these all the more precious. However, today, there was a weight on Pedri's shoulders, a hint of something important that he hesitated to share.

"Can I tell you something?" Pedri asked. "Of course." She replied. "And you can't tell anybody! You can't! I trust you more than anybody with this!" He said. "Did you get a girl pregnant?" She asked. "No!" Pedri almost shrieked. "Thank god." He chuckled before dropping the bombshell. "I'm moving to Barcelona." She turned to look at him. "To study?" He shook his head. "No, no. The club. The club wants me."

"Holy shit." Her heart sank. She didn't realise her face had changed so much until she saw Pedri looking back, almost disappointed. She managed a smile, masking the turmoil inside. "That's incredible, Pepi! I'm so happy for you." Pedri frowned, sensing her unspoken emotions. "Y/n. You can't tell anybody yet. I trust you more than anybody." Y/n took Pedri's hand in hers. "I swear, I won't tell a soul." He smiled, but the more he looked at Y/n, the more he knew something was up, and he had a good idea of what it was. "I need you to understand that this doesn't change anything between us. We can still talk, visit each other." She nodded, forcing a smile. "Of course. I'm just worried things might be different."

Pedri squeezed her hands, his eyes filled with sincerity. "I'll stay with you as long as you need me to. Distance won't change our friendship. You mean the world to me." Y/n's eyes glistened as she held back tears. "I'm going to miss you so much, Pepi." He pulled her into a hug, whispering. "I'll miss you too, Y/n. But no matter where I am, you'll always be in my heart." There was a brief silence between the pair as they let the ocean and the birds fill the quietness, before Pedri spoke with gentle reassurance. "Y/n, distance won't change how I feel about you." She smiled gently, nodding along. "I know. Just don't forget me when you're famous." She replied sarcastically. In response, Pedri scooped up a handful of sand, teasingly tossing it in Y/n's direction. "If that's your aim, Barcelona won't be keeping you and you'll be right back here in no time." Y/n joked. Pedri rolled his eyes before practically tackling her onto the sand.

Soon, laughter echoed on the shore as they engaged in a lighthearted battle, sand flying between them. As Pedri fianlly caught up to Y/n with a playful grin, he tackled her again, tumbling onto the soft sand. The laughing died down slowly, they locked eyes, their playful expressions turning more earnest. Pedri looked between Y/n's eyes and her lips. "Don't do something you'll regret." She whispered. Her heart skipped a beat. In that vulnerable moment, Pedri gave a soft smile. "I don't think I will regret this." Without much more to say, the gap between them closed and their lips touched for the first time. Y/n found herself pulling his closer and deepening the kiss.

"Come with me." He murmured into her lips. "Already?" The pair broke the kiss by laughing, making Pedri fall to his side. The pair looked up to the sky, watching the birds and clouds pass them by. "I mean it." They looked over at eachother. "Come to Barcelona with me." He said again. "What about my family? I can't leave them." He looked down. "Please. I can't go without you. Not after the kiss." He took her hand and placed it on his chest, allowing her to feel how his heart beat for her and her only. After a moment of contemplation, Y/n smiled. "Alright, Pepi." She said, smiling and scooting closer. "I'll go to Barcelona."