Andy Robertson (Liverpool) - Silent Night

Christmas [From The Vault]

Andy and Y/n eagerly took their seats in the crowded school auditorium, anticipation written across their faces as they awaited their son's first Christmas play. The air buzzed with excitement, and the couple exchanged glances, squeezing each other's hands in shared joy.

As the young performers took the stage, their son among them, singing voices rose in unison to the timeless melody of "Silent Night." Andy and Y/n sat side by side, beaming with parental pride. "I can see him, I can see him, look!" Andy said excitedly pointing out his little son in the front row, waving towards his parents. "That's my wee Harris!" The harmonious voices of the children filled the air, echoing the spirit of the season.

In the midst of the heartfelt performance, Y/n noticed a glistening tear in Andy's eye. She nudged him gently, a playful smile tugging at her lips. "Is our tough footballer shedding a tear at a Christmas play?" She teased, her eyes twinkling with affection.
Andy chuckled, wiping away the stray tear. "Might be." He admitted, casting a loving glance at their son on stage. Y/n held her husbands hand and rubbed his arm in comfort. "Softy." She whispered. The two shared a series of light-hearted jokes, their laughter blending with the melodies around them.

The evening continued on as , the couple cherishing this milestone in their journey as parents. As the play continued on, they noticed their little Harris hadn't any lines. Andy grew worried and finally came his turn. He walked out and began doing keep ups as child number 2 in the play. He was doing alright but past 4 he began letting them fall. He looked around, a bit embarrassed as he kept letting them fall but one look over to his dad smiling had him back doing his kick ups and forgetting everyone else. "He's not very good is he? With the kick ups?" One of the dads in front of them said. Andy looked away from Harris for a moment and looked confused. "He's meant to be Andy Robertson's kid. Whys he so shit?" The man whispered to his wife. Y/n overheard it too and squeezed Andy's hand a couple times to help calm him. Andy looked over at her reassuringly and smiled, squeezing back. Then, as they looked back, music had started and Harris had a singing solo. The pair looked on with gleaming pride as their son began singing quite beautifully if they said so themselves.

As the final notes of the play resonated, Andy and Y/n stood together, applauding proudly for their son and the talented young performers. As the students made their way backstage, the parents all awaited. "Didn't think a footballers son would be so good at singing." The same dad from earlier joked. Andy turned his head at the rude remark and looked amongst the small group of men laughing along. "You'd assume he'd be a footballer, not a singer." Andy clenched his jaw and turned to confront them, but Y/n stopped him. "Come on, Andy. They're just arseholes." Y/n said, pulling him away, hoping he wouldn't go and do something drastic. They stood by the stage awaiting their son to come out and in due time he did.

"Dad!" Harris came running out and right into the arms of his dad. "You did so good!" Andy said, lifting the boy up and over his shoulders. "I say we go get a bit of Mc Donald's, how's that sound?" Harris cheered before the couple left. "The nerve of them though, Y/n. It's like they'd never seen High School Musical! He can be both!" Y/n laughed and wrapped an arm around her husband as she kissed his cheek. "He's just like you then." Andy chuckled as he draped an arm around Y/n, the warmth of shared joy enveloping them. This was the first of many magical moments they would witness as parents, and the bond they shared only deepened with each passing experience.