Francisco Trincão (Sporting Clube De Portugal) - Birthday Cake

Requested: on tumblrrr
Prompts: Fran tries to bake a cake but then gives up bc he burns it and ends up buying a small on instead.
Warnings: cute shit

Working on your birthday is never how anyone would want to spend their birthday, and of course Y/n was no different. She walked up the stairs to her apartment, each step feeling heavier than the last. She was just ready to collapse into her bed. She took her keys out of her pocket and fumbled with them for a second, before putting them in her door and pushing through it. She sighed loudly. "Hey baby-" Y/n was cut off by her boyfriend covering her eyes with his hands. "Francisco? Is there any reason you're doing this or?" She asked, trying to pry the large hands off her face. "I have a surprise!" Y/n giggled. "I love surprises." She replied, not so optimistic. "Just keep walking. I'll direct you." He whispered into her ear. Y/n followed the Portuguese man before he stopped. The smell of cake lingered in her nose, a small smile now creeping onto her lips.

"Ta-da!" Y/n smiled at the small cake with fondant flowers on it. "Aw! I love it! Thank you baby-" She tried to turn around but Francusco stopped her. "No, no, don't look at the mess behind me." Y/n's eyebrows knotted in confusion. "Mess? But you bought this at the shop-" She turned quickly and her eyes widened at the sight of their kitchen. "Fran, what happened?!" She exclaimed. "I tried to bake a cake and I burned it. I also ripped the bag of flour, broke a tray of eggs and spilled milk."

"There's icing on the ceiling-"

"And tried mixing icing but I forgot to but the top of the kitchen aid on the bowl while it was mixing." She looked over to their once black labrador, now stained white from flour. "And he dyed his fur." He said, pointing to the dog. Y/n's smile grew wide and reached her arms up around her boyfriends neck and pulled him in for a hug. "I love you so, so much." His arms wrapped around her torso and held her tightly. "At least I know you still love me after this." He joked. "Come on, we'll clean this together." She sighed and grabbed a cloth. "No, baby, I'll do it." Francisco said. "I don't even trust you to clean at this stage. I'm helping you to clean."

Francisco smiled as he watched her wipe down the electric mixer. "I love you too." Francisco muttered quietly to himself, before joining her in cleaning together.