Andy Robertson (Liverpool) - An Evening In

Requested: here on wattpad
Prompts: 15) "Let's pretend that didnt happen."
31) "Food sound good?"
42) "Someone has a temper."
Warnings: a singular curse word

Andy parked the car in the driveway and got out to start his quiet evening that he so desperately needed. His wife, Y/n had a meeting and couldn't collect their kids from playschool so Andy took it upon himself to do this simple task. "Alright boys, we're home." Andy announced, unbuckling the kids' seat belts. Together, they had two kids; a four year old called Malcolm and a two year old Fraser. Although Fraser wasn't old enough for playschool, he did have a sitter while his parents had their duties. "Andy carried the two year old in his arms as the four year old took off in a sprint for the front door, pushing it open. "Y/n! We're home!" Malcolm ran up the stairs as Fraser slowly crawled, careful not to fall as he did. "Y/n? Where are you Babe?" He heard a quiet but recognisable groan from the living room. A chuckle left his lips as he spotted his wife bubdled up in a blanket as Eastenders played on the TV.

"Oh, someone's got a temper." Adny chuckled. He was met with a glare in response. His laugh died down slowly as he realised whatever was happening was no laughing matter. "So then, why are you in a mood?" Andy asked, sitting on the arm of the couch, his arms folded as he looked at his wife. "I'm not in a mood." She grumbled, her eyes not tearing off the phone. "You keep telling yourself that, love." He went to stand up but a sigh from Y/n stopped him. "Just shit happening at work, but I'm not in a mood." Andy smiled and crawled onto her, hugging her and nuzzling into her chest. "You don't need to worry about it. You're home now and you've got me, Malcolm and Fraser to help you feel better." Y/n hugged him back and closed her eyes. He was right. She didn't have to worry about anything, not at home anyway. "Food sound good?" Andy asked, looking up to her. She nodded. "Sounds perfect."

"Alright then, what are ye cooking?" He finally climbed out of her arms and stood up."I know you didn't just suggest dinner and then ask what I'm cooking." He swallowed the lump in his throat and laughed. "Nah, nah. I was messin' of course. I'll get something, don't worry about it." She arched a brow and watched as he took his phone out. "I'm gonna say a Chinese. Curry, rice, some chips, that'll do surely." He said. "Don't forget the chow mein or the duck." She added. "Alright, duck. In the orange sauce?" She nodded. Andy finished up the order online and put the phone back into his pocket. "Right, I'm gonna go put the kettle on, get you a cuppa and get the pyjamas on the boys. How's tha' sound?" He asked. "Sounds perfect." Y/n replied. "What would I do without you?" Andy bent down and pecked her lips. "Probably cry over how borin' your life is."

Andy quickly went to the kitchen to boil the kettle before going upstairs to dress their children in their pyjamas. As he walked towards their bedroom, he heard fits of giggles, followed by the familiar noise of them jumping on their beds. He opened the door and of course, he was right. "Oi! You two! Stop jumpin' on the bed!" Andy had startled them as a loud squeal erupted from the two children. "Come on! I've to put your jammies on!" Andy grabbed some pyjamas from the drawers and sat down the the bed to dress them. "Right, we're gonna go downstairs because we're gonna pop on a film and eat some takeaway." Andy explained to them. "Why? It isn't Friday." Malcolm asked, confused. "Well, Mummy is havin' a bad day so we're gonna try cheer her up!"

The food came, the family gathered in the living room and popped on a disney movie. It all felt perfect, too good to be true in all honesty. "You better now?" Andy whispered. Y/n let out a sight on content and nodded. "This is my perfect evening." She replied, kissing her husband on the cheek. "Fuck." Andy and Y/n turned their heads in shock of what their son said. "Malcolm! What'd you just say?" Y/n asked angrily. "Where did you learn that?" Andy asked. "What do you mean? You say it all the time!" Y/n glared at her husband. Andy coughed at the response. "I- What- I've never-"

"Don't say you don't curse. I know you too well."

"Well- well- let's just pretend that didn't happen!" Andy quickly turned his attention back to the film on the TV. "You're a joke." She chuckled doing the same. "Why I'm the best husband." He smiled to her. "I'll always be there to put a smile on your face."